Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 06:29 AM

Default PLO400 - Bottom two hits small flush on turn, standard shove?

PLO400

Villain has $415, I slightly cover. He's super-LAG, and in about an hour's play 3-handed has folded maybe 2 hands preflop. He pots every button, and always c-bets for pot on the flop with any OESD/FD, naked top pair, and will peel for a PSB with bottom pair K kicker, so he's pretty bad in general, but has made the nuts versus me quite often.

His hand range is pretty wide on this flop, but I think if he had AA/KK/QQxx with diamonds he'd shove, so I'm not too worried about those hands. I don't expect he would fold some hands I beat like straight draws, Queen with big kickers or a naked overpair. Do you think this is too thin a spot to get aggressive, and how would you play it differently if so? TBH I was a bit sick of "waiting for better spots" since whenever I made big hands he either had nothing or some scare card that shriveled up my nuts came on the river...

P.S. Fold preflop, I was steaming (little-to-no-chance BB re-pots since he only raises with Aces so that was somewhat of a reason why I called) [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Villain raises to $14, Hero calls in SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], BB folds.

Flop Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villain bets $32, Hero raises to $128, Villain calls.

Turn 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero bets $288..
Old 11-09-2007, 06:44 AM

Default Re: PLO400 - Bottom two hits small flush on turn, standard shove?

Let him shove. Your flop c/r looks like strength of the made hand variety rather than a draw, and he's bet-called the flop, so he will surely look to represent the draw that's just come in. Check, let him bet the pot, and then go all-in. The turn lead is pretty bad, I'd say, you're letting him fold a huge range of hands that he is dying to bluff with and getting action when he's got, well, any flush,
Old 11-09-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: PLO400 - Bottom two hits small flush on turn, standard shove?

[ QUOTE ]
Let him shove. Your flop c/r looks like strength of the made hand variety rather than a draw, and he's bet-called the flop, so he will surely look to represent the draw that's just come in. Check, let him bet the pot, and then go all-in. The turn lead is pretty bad, I'd say, you're letting him fold a huge range of hands that he is dying to bluff with and getting action when he's got, well, any flush,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah agreed, c/r AI. Leading is pretty bad because he almost definitely doesn't have a set so there's nothing really to be worried about protecting against, and I don't think he ever calls worse or folds better to your lead.

Check to induce the bluff and then shove and pray he didn't flush over flush you.