Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: NL25 - Another Boring AA Post...

Yeah, exactly what charger said. If we decide we're getting all of the money into the pot there is no reason to raise the flop and scare away other hands. Calling obviously maximises our winnings vs worse hands and we're still obviously getting stacked by 9x and 33.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:57 PM

Thanks for all the replies! Results are I destroyed his pair of tens.

I posted this hand, because people at the table seemed impressed that I didn't fear a 9, but I figure I'm so far ahead of his range and that's almost as good a flop as I could hope for to get max value.

A big problem I have is not getting paid for my hands, which is why I didn't re-pop on the flop. Basically, I'm working on expanding and improving. Experience has shown I either scare everybody away or run into a monster, so why not get the most out of those who would otherwise fold? I had been playing aggressively but slowing down to serious resistance on the table, so I figured it was a good time to repeat that pattern. OOP obviously sucks, but I figured it was between betting and losing a customer, or checking and picking off a worse hand or bluff.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call on the flop is bad imo. You need to decide there whether you are ahead or not, then either push or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, because even if you decide you are ahead you should just call, planning to check call turn as well because if villian is bluffing on flop he will fold to a push and call when beat. when you smooth call however, you increase the amount of cash you make because sometimes villian will fire a second barrel on turn as either a bluff or with what he thinks is the best(second best) hand. so i think here you should make a decision between folding and check calling TR. of course this whole line goes out the window when there are draws present or more importantly, you think there is a high chance that villian is on a draw. in that case RR all in on flop becomes the better choice by far.

[ QUOTE ]
Its not a full stack so i wouldn't worry too much about 33 or T9, A9, i think u will see TT-JJ, maybe even 77 here a lot of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

100%. note you mentioned 77. that is exactly why we smooth call flop. because he will shove that type of hand on the turn sometimes. if you RR all in on flop he will dump 77 most of the time.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:25 PM

In your last 2 hands I've replied to, it seems fairly obvious that both villains don't want a call. I saw you said that you scare everyone away, or run into a monster. I think those past hands are lingering over you when you get into these spots... If I am wrong don't worry about what I'm saying, at least your not folding. It just seems, from what I've read, that you are worrying about the only hands that have you.

Just try to stop and think. Consider those hands like you do, but don't worry yourself. I always find these decisions much easier when I am calm and not worried.