FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Re: you guys are ugly

[ QUOTE ]
Wow with all the hate...

Nutsflopper,

STFU.

All,

I don't see why it is so far fetched that if we bet the river, he may fold but if we check the river, he may bluff or bet with an inferior hand. Thus, we gain no value on a bet but do on a c/r. I am not trying to make a better hand fold. I am trying to make a worse hand bet.

Just to add--I don't find myself calling people names on these boards if/when I don't agree with your opinions. And I don't agree with many of you quite often. Extend the same courtesy please.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're not raising to get called and you don't think he'll fold better, then it's a bad raise.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:51 AM

Ships line doesn't look very strong. Why wouldn't Ax value bet that river if checked to? Given stacks, if he bets ~$400, he will probably feel tied to the pot if raised and he has anything playable. The pot would be ~$1700 and it would cost him ~$400 more to call. If you had AJ in his situation, would you call the c/r getting those odds?

The times that he has missed diamonds, he folds to our c/r....so be it.
The times he has a better hand then us, we loses 110BB...so be it. I think we are ahead more often then not here so I am willing to take the risk of being stacked sometime.

c/c has merit as well. But when he does have a hand of value, a c/r gets his whole stack where a c/c doesn't.

Anything seems better then b/f as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow with all the hate...

Nutsflopper,

STFU.

All,

I don't see why it is so far fetched that if we bet the river, he may fold but if we check the river, he may bluff or bet with an inferior hand. Thus, we gain no value on a bet but do on a c/r. I am not trying to make a better hand fold. I am trying to make a worse hand bet.

Just to add--I don't find myself calling people names on these boards if/when I don't agree with your opinions. And I don't agree with many of you quite often. Extend the same courtesy please.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a button right next to raise that was made for spots like you're describing
Old 11-04-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow with all the hate...

Nutsflopper,

STFU.

All,

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r gains little to no value against a competent opponent here, your putting in money that hes only gonna call if your behind. c/c seems fine, but personally id bet 425/fold.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:57 AM

Lets assume you are his opponent and have AJ/AT/A9. Come river, if checked to, are you betting for value? If so, are you calling a shove getting greater then 4-1?

edit to add- Slappz, you do realize that you will be offered greater then 4-1 on the line you choose to fold, right?
Old 11-04-2007, 12:11 PM

i dont really know what responses u expected to get other than bet/fold
Old 11-04-2007, 12:31 PM

Location: \"If it shows their cards why did you keep betting?\"

[ QUOTE ]
i dont really know what responses u expected to get other than bet/fold

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r obv
Old 11-04-2007, 12:36 PM

shove to represent the flush.

bet -> fold is the standard line here, although i think check -> calling every so often isn't that bad either.

i think check-raising here is gross.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:39 PM

Location: \"If it shows their cards why did you keep betting?\"

tbh i don't like checking to do anything but fold. obviously check raising is gross, and when he bets the river you're not even that far ahead of his range that i think it's better to c/f than it is to c/c
Old 11-04-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tbh i don't like checking to do anything but fold. obviously check raising is gross, and when he bets the river you're not even that far ahead of his range that i think it's better to c/f than it is to c/c

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, but his line is so weak that if you check river, i think an ace bets it for value, or he might bluff at it. i don't want to get allin, but i'd want to get like $350-$400 on this river. whether you bet or he does is irrelevant. plus i think check/calling here is a good image play as it might make him more hesitant to bluff later on, getting you more cheaper showdowns with marginal hands