Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: PS3 vs 360 (hopefully) Objective Review

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
xbox rulez ps3 droolz

[/ QUOTE ]

you xbox tards really have no clue what you are talking about...how bout this for a staggering stat?

xbox360 failure rate 30 percent
ps3 failure rate .5 percent BOOYAKATCHA

[/ QUOTE ]

Source? Also, its hard for PS3 to have as many failures since so many of them have been sitting on the shelf since release.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
xbox rulez ps3 droolz

[/ QUOTE ]

you xbox tards really have no clue what you are talking about...how bout this for a staggering stat?

xbox360 failure rate 30 percent
ps3 failure rate .5 percent BOOYAKATCHA

[/ QUOTE ]

The man has a point. I've come to despise microsoft for putting out such a poorly made console.

xbox still wins the race for now, but once ps3 gets some [censored] games it will be much closer.

i'm finally getting mine back today, meanwhile two of my buddies are waiting for their shipping packages. i'm certain i'll be sending mine back again soon. i have nightmares about it.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:44 PM

For you people who've seen the Red Lights of Death. Did you have the Nyko Cooling Thingy attached? Did you play it for like 12 hours straight? I'm wondering if I can avoid seeing them red lights.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For you people who've seen the Red Lights of Death. Did you have the Nyko Cooling Thingy attached? Did you play it for like 12 hours straight? I'm wondering if I can avoid seeing them red lights.

[/ QUOTE ]
A lot of 360 owners believe that just keeping the console itself in a well vented area is good enough. However, you're also going to want to somehow elevate the power brick itself off the ground so the bottom isn't touching a surface (it dissipates heat on all sides). I used a small box with an open top and placed the brick on top.

Also, make sure you don't move the console when there's a disk running in it.

I've had my 360 for 6 weeks.

*knocks on a pacific sequoia*
Old 09-27-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A lot of 360 owners believe that just keeping the console itself in a well vented area is good enough. However, you're also going to want to somehow elevate the power brick itself off the ground so the bottom isn't touching a surface (it dissipates heat on all sides). I used a small box with an open top and placed the brick on top.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tips. Think I'll be picking up the Nyko cooler just in case.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no avoiding it. Just cross your fingers and pray each night before you go to sleep that your 360 will work in the morning. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no avoiding it. Just cross your fingers and pray each night before you go to sleep that your 360 will work in the morning. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 09-27-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got my Xbox 360 elite today and wtfffffff there's no built in wifi? And furthermore, $94.99 for a wifi adapter?!?! I am pissed off!

[/ QUOTE ]

O SNAP THAT MEANS YOUR 360 COSTS 100 MORE THAN U THOUGHT

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

yet another reason ps3 is a better deal
Old 09-27-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DON'T. This actually CAUSES console death. It doesn't have it's own power supply so it causes the 360's to work overtime, actually causing more problems.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DON'T. This actually CAUSES console death. It doesn't have it's own power supply so it causes the 360's to work overtime, actually causing more problems.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's pretty bad if that's the case. All I was maybe going to say was unless the 360 is in a warm and/or unventilated setting, then the difference was likely going to be negligible.