Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: 25NL: AA deepstacked vs flop shove - standard?

Raise preflop to where you're not giving him implied odds to hit a set. In this spot you're giving him 11.05:1 on his call. If you raise only $1 more he's only getting 8.84:1 which is not right to set hunt.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
237 is obviously a better flop. Not much 4betting happens with 22,33,77, where it occasionally does happen with AK and KQ and commonly KK,QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was my point. You have 2 pair on the KKQ board and 1 pair on the 237 board. Yet 237 is much better. A paired board doesn't improve my aces, that's why I INCORRECTLY referred to it as calling a shove with one pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

I should of followed CDL's lead in this thread.

*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]
Since I felt the board being paired isn't strategically relevant here, I instinctively (and yes -- inaccurately) described it as one pair. Mike tried to make the case that it is strategically relevant, I made the case that he was wrong and now he makes a rude display of ignoring me. It seems a bit like a childish "I'm taking my ball and going home" response from someone who can't think of a counter-argument. I had no idea this thread had gotten heated.

I guess I might have come off as rude toward CDL and if so I apologize, it wasn't my intention. I appreciate his input, it's good to know that I made a standard call on the flop.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
foal, if you have AA on a 222J5 board are you going to call it one pair? No, of course not, you have a full house. The board cards count and are relative. Its all about relative strength of your hand which is pretty good given that its a 4bet pot. I'd pretty much never fold aces in 4bet pots for 100 BB.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think that in this particular hand having one pair or two pair makes a difference, since all I'm worried about is three of a kind. But yes, while I don't agree with Mike's argument, I was wrong to say it that way, it was just an instinctive slip of the mind.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:11 PM

My ignore list actually has a whopping 0 people in it.

You are also inaccurately claiming that I said two pair was relevant to this hand. I was speaking about the importance of realizing when you have two pair for poker in general.

Your example was apples and oranges with one paired broadway flop and one babies unpaired flop. It proved nothing except you were unable to come up with an apples to apples comparison.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are also inaccurately claiming that I said two pair was relevant to this hand. I was speaking about the importance of realizing when you have two pair for poker in general.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since I clearly interpreted it that way, you could have simply said you were "speaking about the importance of realizing when you have two pair for poker in general" instead of getting ornery.

[ QUOTE ]
Your example was apples and oranges with one paired broadway flop and one babies unpaired flop. It proved nothing except you were unable to come up with an apples to apples comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, make it 227 and 237. We're still going to play the hand exactly the same way given the preflop action.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:34 PM

There is one flop I would consider laying down my aces after this preflop action. I already pointed it out. All other flops are instashoves/calls
Old 09-20-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
deep-stacked

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-20-2007, 09:45 PM

wat it men?
Old 09-20-2007, 10:17 PM

I'd say 200bb's +
Old 09-20-2007, 10:31 PM

That's kinda nit-picky. I thought the same thing at first, but 160BB is semi-deep. Not too deep to get it in on the flop in a 4-bet pot, though.