Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Inside the Poker Mind -- Boy, did I get ripped off!!

Okay, not ripped off, but my copy has the strangest page numbering scheme I've ever seen. I just received it yesterday from Conjelco.

The page after 116 is 149.
It then proceeds from 149 to 180 but instead of 181 being the next page, it repeats 149 to 180 again.

It appears normal after the "second" 180.

Assumptions: (1) Pages 117 to 148 were just fluff anyway and not important. (2) Pages 149 to 180 are so important they need to be read twice. (3) My copy may be a collector's edition. (4) 2+2 will pay me substantially to keep quiet and burn the only messed up copy of a book 2+2 ever had. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm not sure if I feel special or "special."

Onaflag........
Old 03-11-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Inside the Poker Mind -- Boy, did I get ripped off!!

If you send it back to them they will send you a new copy.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It then proceeds from 149 to 180 but instead of 181 being the next page, it repeats 149 to 180 again.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's something I developed called creative pagination. It aims to free your mind from the normal constraints of sequential reasoning, to allow you to enter a zone of near total thought freedom, enabling a level of powerfully intuitive, yet logically sound play.

Alas, though, if you're like everyone else so far, you'll prefer to send it back for the "conventional" copy. Go ahead; I'm okay with that. But it's your loss. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2007, 05:06 PM

I thought it was just one of those sales gimmicks.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's something I developed called creative pagination. It aims to free your mind from the normal constraints of sequential reasoning, to allow you to enter a zone of near total thought freedom, enabling a level of powerfully intuitive, yet logically sound play.

Alas, though, if you're like everyone else so far, you'll prefer to send it back for the "conventional" copy. Go ahead; I'm okay with that. But it's your loss. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I might keep it and just order one of those "conventional" ones. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

That way, when someone calls me an idiot, I'll just shrug my shoulders and say, "It must have been on page 125." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Onaflag..........
Old 03-11-2007, 05:55 PM

Does the book have a printing date?

I recently went on a tour of 2+2's printers. This problem used to occur because there was some manual labor involved in a particular part of the binding process. But, now that process has what should be extremely reliable automated proofing. So, this shouldn't be happening with any newly printed books.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:16 AM

Default who cares. why post this?

so you got a book that was manufactured incorrectly!! do you think that is worth a post? why not just contact conjelco and they will replace it. instead you write that you were ripped off. did you need attention? it was of time and just dumb to make your post.

fyi inside the poker mind is terrific. i am sure that once you send it back and they replace it - like a normal person does with a reputable company, you will find it a great read.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Re: who cares. why post this?

[ QUOTE ]
so you got a book that was manufactured incorrectly!! do you think that is worth a post? why not just contact conjelco and they will replace it. instead you write that you were ripped off. did you need attention? it was of time and just dumb to make your post.

fyi inside the poker mind is terrific. i am sure that once you send it back and they replace it - like a normal person does with a reputable company, you will find it a great read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody forgot snack time. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Onaflag.........
Old 03-13-2007, 05:27 PM

it will be worth tons of money one day just like the upside down airplane stamp.
save it and put it on ebay and in 20 years and be rich.
right now i am buying any misprints and putting them away for the future. i pay up to 5,000 dollars.
just like signed copies of my book. there are only a few out and one just sold recently for 200,000 on ebay.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it will be worth tons of money one day just like the upside down airplane stamp.
save it and put it on ebay and in 20 years and be rich.
right now i am buying any misprints and putting them away for the future. i pay up to 5,000 dollars.
just like signed copies of my book. there are only a few out and one just sold recently for 200,000 on ebay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pennies?