Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2006, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Shuffler opens accidently with muck on top

[ QUOTE ]
The sufflers are placed all over the place. At Caesars, they are to the right of the dealer in front of the drop box, basically in the middle of the table. Ain't no standard (in Vegas, anyway); I've seen 'em just about everywhere... middle, left, right, placed perpendicular and parallel.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Ceasar's location seems like it would be really hard to reach. The ones that a parellel to the rack in front of the delaer are horribly positioned as they make it hard for the dealer to hand shuffle the cards. To the right of the dealer would be better as the muck goes to the left of the dealer, but if it is too far forward for the dleaer to reach that would be bad.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:21 PM

I've seen more than once a shuffler just do a whole hungry hungry hippos thing four or five times, but usually they open from being bumped. Regardless, there are plenty of places to put a muck, depending on table configuration. It's rare both Seats 1 and 10 are in the same hand. How about in the rack? On the shuffler is the last place to put it.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen more than once a shuffler just do a whole hungry hungry hippos thing four or five times, but usually they open from being bumped. Regardless, there are plenty of places to put a muck, depending on table configuration. It's rare both Seats 1 and 10 are in the same hand. How about in the rack? On the shuffler is the last place to put it.

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple of notes on this. The muck needs to be in the same place every time. It can not be in the rack as mucked hands must be slid into the muck and could be exposed. Also the rack can never be covered. Generally a right handed dealer needs to have the muck to their left to maintain control over the muck.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, in LA it's on e right of the dealer.

AB

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who thinks some people are getting confused by the right/left thing?

Some are thinking of it as looking AT the dealer from across the table.
And some are thinking of it from the dealer's perspective.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They do not open on any error. There might be a way to set them up to do this, but they red light on any error and some errors require that they be pried open. I have never seen one open without the dealer pressing either the red or greeen button.

[/ QUOTE ]

True about the red light.

I've seen them open up at random times. It is rare though. Our machines are on the right side of the dealer, about mid table. One time it opened as the dealer was just about to pitch to the 6 seat. She held up just in time.

b
Old 12-24-2006, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They do not open on any error. There might be a way to set them up to do this, but they red light on any error and some errors require that they be pried open. I have never seen one open without the dealer pressing either the red or greeen button.

[/ QUOTE ]

True about the red light.

I've seen them open up at random times. It is rare though. Our machines are on the right side of the dealer, about mid table. One time it opened as the dealer was just about to pitch to the 6 seat. She held up just in time.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if all these reports of them openign at random times are related to not being serviced regularly. I know they are now available for purchase (for a long time they weren't), and I would guess that purchased machines aren't serviced as often (they probably wait until something goes wrong). We still lease ours and they are serviced on a very regular basis. Enough people are reporting seeing them fly open that I have to beleive that they do in fact come open, but I have never seen it.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if all these reports of them openign at random times are related to not being serviced regularly. I know they are now available for purchase (for a long time they weren't), and I would guess that purchased machines aren't serviced as often (they probably wait until something goes wrong). We still lease ours and they are serviced on a very regular basis. Enough people are reporting seeing them fly open that I have to beleive that they do in fact come open, but I have never seen it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. But it is pretty rare. Maybe once a month or 2 I might see it, if that. Actually, maybe rarer than that. I think they do wait 'til something goes wrong before they service them.

Most of the time it's more likely the button being pressed by accident, and even that's rare.

Available for sale? Last I heard they were in the $12-14k range.

b
Old 12-24-2006, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've always seen shuffle masters on the dealer's RIGHT.

Put the muck on the LEFT.

Doh.

AB

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is it on the table? Normally there is no room on the right becasue that is where the drop box goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That didn't stop Hollywood Park. The player in seat 9 (next to the dealer in a nine-banded LA game) has to contend with the drop box AND the automatic shuffler.

~ Rick
Old 12-24-2006, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Available for sale? Last I heard they were in the $12-14k range

[/ QUOTE ]

That is about right. Until recentlly they refused to sell them and would only lease them.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:35 PM

When you speak of this, you must be thinking in terms of SITTING IN THE DEALERS SEAT...much like thinking of left/right as a plane moving as sitting in the pilots seat.

If you're in seat 5 and you say the autoshuffler is to the right, then it is to the left of the dealer.