Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 10-12-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re: The seven-deuce game...

Am I the only one that thought this thread was going to be about KC lowball?
Old 10-12-2007, 02:53 AM

no
Old 10-12-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I'm in a game where not everybody is sold on the idea. Making it one BB and exempting the big loser of the hand is palatable to everybody. We're not all of us crazy sharks, some of us are casual fish, and we want those people to stick around.

[/ QUOTE ]

what stakes are you playing? let's assume $1 and $2 blinds. so if a guy loses a big pot he's losing an extra $2 to the 72o.

i just don't get this logic.. somehow you have to be a "crazy shark" to want to enforce the rules? it's TWO DOLLARS. if you're gonna bend the rules to avoid a two dollar payment, why are you playing poker? you guys aren't CRAZY SHARKS after all... why not just give everyone their money back at the end of the night? why even play for real money when there are goldfish and gumdrops to be wagered?
Old 10-12-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I'm in a game where not everybody is sold on the idea. Making it one BB and exempting the big loser of the hand is palatable to everybody. We're not all of us crazy sharks, some of us are casual fish, and we want those people to stick around.

[/ QUOTE ]

what stakes are you playing? let's assume $1 and $2 blinds. so if a guy loses a big pot he's losing an extra $2 to the 72o.

i just don't get this logic.. somehow you have to be a "crazy shark" to want to enforce the rules? it's TWO DOLLARS. if you're gonna bend the rules to avoid a two dollar payment, why are you playing poker? you guys aren't CRAZY SHARKS after all... why not just give everyone their money back at the end of the night? why even play for real money when there are goldfish and gumdrops to be wagered?

[/ QUOTE ]

They changed the rule- is it required to be a rule nit in home games? Or should "the greater good of the game" be paramount?
Old 10-12-2007, 03:54 PM

I'm sorry that the way we play our game causes histronics. You may want to get that looked at. Get a little gray back into your binary world.

Anyway, had another game last night. Some folks wanted it to be 5x BB (which I'm fine with), others didn't want it at all. So one BB was agreed upon and everybody was happy and we had a few successes (me twice!) and we all had fun.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard poker lie- you are not
Old 10-12-2007, 06:12 PM

Think it of it more as a passive-aggressive bluff.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry that the way we play our game causes histronics. You may want to get that looked at. Get a little gray back into your binary world.

Anyway, had another game last night. Some folks wanted it to be 5x BB (which I'm fine with), others didn't want it at all. So one BB was agreed upon and everybody was happy and we had a few successes (me twice!) and we all had fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey pfap, Why don't you make "7-2 game" buttons. Anyone who takes a button is owed the 5x BB from everyone else who has a button when they win. The ones who don't take a button don't have to pay it, but won't win it either. It might encourage the nay's to take a button once they see it in practice.

Here's a variation worth trying to make sure the winner gets the same amount no matter how many players are in: Make the 7-2 winner get paid say 15x BB in total, divided by all who have the button. So there's 4 players with buttons, one wins with 72, the other three players pay 5x BB each. When say two more players take buttons (6 total) the winner gets 3x BB from each to total 15x BB.