Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Playing the Wow auction house

Great tips in here. Where do you guys get auctioneer from?

I have always been intrigued by the AH or equivalant in all MMORPGS (dating back to the bazaar in the original EQ) and often find this aspect of the game much more enjoyable than the actual adventuring itself.

I paid for pretty much everything i needed (mounts, gear, etc...) in wow by changing greater nether essences into 3 lesser essences and reselling those at a higher rate. I also did the same with greter eternal essences but not to the same degree. I'm sure there are other items where the same could be done.

The biggest downside to this is that you can only list items for 24 hours at a time, and it can get really annoying/boring/repetitive listing and relisting auctions every single day, especially when you have a ton of items/stacks of stuff to sell.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Green weapons/armor (tradability: low)
I personally think these are terrible. (These can be good to disenchant if you can get them low, but I'm just talking about straight trading here.) If you post them on the AH, it's so unlikely that someone is going to be looking for your specific item, so that basically means you have to sell it in the trade channel. I personally think this is a huge pain and I don't deal with these. Tried a few times, got stuck with [censored] items.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post was pretty good but you are way off base on this point. The right greens can be pretty good. You just have to know who wants what. I've made some good coin off of greens.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:05 AM

Also wanted to add, although it is fairly time consuming, there are a ton of vendor sold items in the game that can be sold for a profit on the AH.

One example is the expert cookbook. If you have the waypoint set up, you can fly to wherever it is (can't remember the city it has been ahwile) buy a ton of expert cookbooks for around 1 gold each, go back the AH and sell them for 2-3 gold each. People are willing to pay a couple extra gold to save 15 minutes of game time flying out there and back. This is just one example, that is no longer that profitable, mainly because 1 gold just isn't worth that much anymore.

there are also lots of limited items on vendors, such as either the blue or green dragonscale breastplate that is sold in that swamp zone where there is tons of blindweed (again I can't remember the exact zone name but it might be nagard or have a city named nagard there). This can be bought for like 1 gold and sold for around 10 gold, but it is not always available on the vendor (limited supply). There are lots of items like this that can be sold for a nice profit, but again is very time consuming, as you could waste a lot of time travelling out there just to find out the vendor does not have any available.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:24 AM

http://auctioneeraddon.com/

Actually, to add to the point about vendor items being sold on AH, there's the Darkmoon Faire going on right now, and two of the vendors sell items ranging between 16s-40s that sell on AH for 2g-50g. There are some gems like Star of Elune and herbs like Black Lotus. I have the feeling that the prices will fall over the next week because of the higher supply, but they will go back up over the faire is gone. I mean if the price for a Star of Elune was previously 45g, it means it went up after the last faire.

Here's a list of items that are worth buying from the Darkmoon Faire:
- Star of Elune
- Noble Topaz
- Nightseye
- Talasite (only so-so)
- Dawnstone
- Living Ruby?
- Black Lotus
- Fel Lotus
- Mote of Mana
- Mote of Life
- Mote of Fire