Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 12:46 PM

Default $200 NL Top Set Value

I have sat at the table for one orbit, and three bet twice (once with TT, once with AKs, neither shown). One guy at the table is ALREADY saying "you're going to get caught out soon", then this hand. I know that the turn is just about the worst possible card for me, but I figured it's also a good card for someone to try to bluff on. If he has any kind of hand, he's going to bet to protect it, and he may also bluff a lot of hands. I figure there's nothing I'll get value from that'll bet behind. Good line? I'm not even considering folding top set, by the way. I've barely played lately.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $419.45
BB: $193.00
Hero (UTG): $222.00
MP: $250.60
CO: $363.15
BTN: $213.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, MP calls $7.00, CO calls $7.00, BTN calls $7.00, SB calls $6.00, BB folds

Flop: ($37) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $28.00</font>, MP folds, CO calls $28.00, 2 folds

Turn: ($93) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $72.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $187.00</font>
Old 07-14-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: $200 NL Top Set Value

Id lead again, he isnt probably isnt floating and the hands with a single heart in them often has SDEQ aswell, so he checks them behind alot. Your image supports a lead aswell
Old 07-14-2007, 01:34 PM

You have a hand you're willing to felt, but there can easily but a huge ammount of outs against you. Bet/calling turn is way better than crai. I don't expect him to bet AK or less. I also do not think he has a hand worth turning into a bluff after he called the flop often. He'll have Ax or better most of the time and thus he has sd value.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:42 PM

Bet wayyy wayy more on the flop. It's 5-way.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:13 PM

If you were at a really aggressive table than a limp re-raise may get you zero respect since it looks like you 3bet very liberally, they probably won't know the difference to an UTG limp reraise and a button 3bet.