Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 09:49 AM

Default Re: 1/2 Live - Humor my AA please

You can't fold. Villain is not likely to bluff and not likely to fold. This equals push. If you new for sure that a bet by him on the river meant he had aa beat, that is one thing, but I don't think you're folding to a push. That being the case, if he has you beat, you lose your stack no matter how it's played, so you don't have to worry about that scenario. You need to focus on how to get the most out of the hand if you're ahead -- which is to bet.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't fold. Villain is not likely to bluff and not likely to fold. This equals push. If you new for sure that a bet by him on the river meant he had aa beat, that is one thing, but I don't think you're folding to a push. That being the case, if he has you beat, you lose your stack no matter how it's played, so you don't have to worry about that scenario. You need to focus on how to get the most out of the hand if you're ahead -- which is to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. I think Villain's most likely holding here is a King.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:53 AM

push it all in
Old 07-03-2007, 12:04 PM

Well 30 minutes live isn't a ton of time and some people play very tightly when they first get to the table just to settle in. In other words I wouldn't necassarily take KQ out of his range, I just hope it isn't K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I favor a push here at the end mostly because I can't see folding.

One thing you may consider is betting less on the flop. The board is pretty dry so you don't have to protect against draws. This will draw weaker hands in for value and keep the pot smaller and give you more time to figure out when you're beat by a monster.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:23 PM

I would push, if he's very tight it looks to me like AK or maybe KQ. Looks like a dream flop to have AA against.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:40 PM

Does anyone bet more on the flop or turn to completely shut out any stupid draws? Can anyone find a push on the turn?

Thanks for all the good replies. I always feel I play these situations badly.

Villain must have been itchy to play a hand and like a dork figured me for a high pair or something that could get cracked since I was also playing quite tight during the stretch he was there.

Runner runner flush it was. No pair, no draw on the flop. Gotta love live low limit play. Had I known his cards, I'da played differently, so I guess that was a mistake according to the FTOP.

Onaflag........
Old 07-03-2007, 03:10 PM

Hah, live play is tough to figure at low limits. If HE knew what you had, he made a terrible call on the flop obviously according to FTOP. And his call on the turn was exactly even EV if he was sure he could get the rest of your stack... so HE played bad according to FTOP, you played fine except for the river (you didn't really say what happened, you lose the rest of your money?)

Betting more isn't really the answer IMO, you did what you could. Not paying off when they hit is best, but in this particular hand I don't see how you could see a backdoor flush coming. I just wouldn't sweat it too much, you got unlucky...
Old 07-03-2007, 03:14 PM

bet more? unless villain is a station i think you bet too much on the flop