Old 11-08-2007, 12:00 AM
Bikini Wax Bikini Wax is offline

Default Advice request + FTP account hack aftermath/history

I'm in Vegas right now and I have no [censored] clue what I'm going to do, they basicly wash their hands clean of this and satisfy themselves with banning him from FTP. I need ideas/suggestions on what recourse I can take. I know the guilty person in real life and he's poor as [censored], what's my play?

Email history...

Old 11-08-2007, 12:02 AM
Bikini Wax Bikini Wax is offline

long story short he installed a key logger at the club I play at and on my PC at home - stole our money and played 200/400 and now I'm [censored]
Old 11-08-2007, 12:14 AM
kyleb kyleb is offline

Location: the death of baseball

That's really bad, but there's nothing they can do to recover your money. To be honest, you shouldn't be playing at public computers with that much money at stake simply because anyone could have done this.

I hate to sound like a dick, but it's primarily your fault.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Bikini Wax Bikini Wax is offline

I agree with everything you mentioned but I never used their computer, he key logged MY PC -

now I guess I should ofhad better protection, but its 99% sure it's that guy do I have any legal recourse?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:17 AM
foxw00ds player foxw00ds player is offline

why would the hacker waste time "joy riding" sounds shady would request history and see who he lost the most too. That sucks.

Get a pc for home and a laptop for traveling I guess.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:20 AM
edfurlong edfurlong is offline

Location: Stabbing your probiscus

Maybe you can get rakeback if you didn't have it before. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Bikini Wax Bikini Wax is offline

he lost 2 buyins at 200/400 PLO to DB thats all I know
Old 11-08-2007, 01:03 AM
prodonkey prodonkey is offline

Location: underrating women on teh interweb

how did he put a keylogger on your pc? You know the guy in person.. what's the problem with taking matters into your own hands?
Old 11-08-2007, 06:07 AM
pygmyhipo pygmyhipo is offline
Member

[ QUOTE ]
I know the guilty person in real life and he's poor as [censored], what's my play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, what a disaster! None of your choices looks good:

1. Ask FullTilt to eat the loss. They already said no.

2. Ask David Benyamine to give up the winnings. What would you do if you were him?

3. Sue the guy in civil court (where did this happen by the way?). That would be slow and expensive, and even if you win the guy has no money and won't pay. So that' pretty worthless.

4. File criminal charges of theft, wire fraud, computer tampering, etc. If it gives you any satisfaction to see the guy go through the wringer, that is. Even with help from FullTilt's evidence, I doubt he'd be found guilty in the end anyway.

-pyg
Old 11-08-2007, 06:20 AM
Rek Rek is offline

Location: London

Obviously none of this is the fault of FTP. You know the guy and through your own lax security he has been able to get your money. Hard way to learn a lesson but nobody's fault apart from yours.

If you know it is him just purchase a baseball bat and play a game with him.