Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: F AP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
once they have done their audit, everyone has their money back who was cheated and someone has gone to cr and they release their official statements, if the vast majority of players are still not happy then they wont survive simple as that. give it time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't see this happening tbh

[/ QUOTE ]i fear you could be right depending on the continuing effectiveness of this forum and others like it to not stand for any BS.at the end of the day poker = greed.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, at the end of the day, the poker community as a whole isn't repped by 2+2... this is prob a good thing actually.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Just got paid.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You sue in US court and win. How do you collect the money?

[/ QUOTE ]

You either intercept money as it transits through the US using a variety of judgment enforcement mechanisms, or you attempt to domesticate your judgment in the foreign country/countries where the judgment debtor holds assets. It isn't impossible, but it isn't cheap either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Intercept money as it goes through the US system - ok, I deposit money at AP using epassporte - how do you know about it? Or they mail me a check - and you want to grab it - how do you know about it, how do you get it? I don't think it's very practical to expect to nab money flowing through the US. As to enforcing a money judgment in the US in Costa Rica, or Germany, or where ever - I am totally ignorant and must take your word that it can be done.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Imagine this hypothetical scenario:

[1] I relocate to, and incorporate a business in Belize.

[2] The investors in my corporation are my Aunts, Uncles, Brothers, Sisters, Cousins, Friends, etc. and are all based in the U.S.

[3] I use my corporation to successfully swindle American citizens out of millions of dollars.

[4] The entirety of the proceeds from my scam are redistributed as dividends to my shareholders.

I'm island hopping in the Caymans into perpetuity, my relatives and friends are filthy rich in the U.S.

Is everyone "safe"? If so, is this not the perfect business model assuming one cares little about ethical considerations?

[/ QUOTE ]

Swindling is a crime both in the US and in caribbiean nations, so the US can ask them to extradite you to the US for trial and they will turn you over.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are mixing up civil and criminal issues

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Swindling is criminal, in both places, so the US could grab the swindler from the Caribbean. I did not say that the moms and pops and cousins can't keep the dividends. I assume they can. A scheme which lets you get profits to your relatives - but you still end up in jail - is not really a good scheme.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its not. But it doesn't get any money in the pockets of the victims. 2+2 isn't getting anyone extradited. It has been instrumental in getting some repayments.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:45 PM

Well AP shorted me LOT'S of money for the reimbursements, so they want poker tracker screen shots on each of the 3 players. I really don't know how to copy/save screenshots. Could anyone help me out and let me know how to save/copy screenshots?
Old 10-26-2007, 02:48 PM

Here's the new gambling911 take on events.

not that they are a bastion of journalistic integrity
Old 10-26-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well AP shorted me LOT'S of money for the reimbursements, so they want poker tracker screen shots on each of the 3 players. I really don't know how to copy/save screenshots. Could anyone help me out and let me know how to save/copy screenshots?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fn + "Print Screen" then open MS Paint and paste it
Old 10-26-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get PokerTracker to show the data you want to send them, make sure PokerTracker window is selected, then hit ALT+PRINTSCREEN. This will copy an image of the currently selected window to the Windows clipboard.

Now, open up your favorite picture editor. If you don't have any that you use, just use Windows Paint. Click on Edit->Paste, this will copy the image on the clipboard into your picture editor. On both XP and Vista it's Start->All Programs->Accessories->Paint.

Click on Edit->Paste. This will copy the image on the clipboard (of PokerTracker) into your picture editor. Click on File->Save As. Make sure to save as type "JPEG", Bitmap will work also but the file size will be much much larger unnecessarily. Save the image wherever you want it, and email it to AP.

After the image is saved, feel free to rinse-repeat to get more screenshots.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:00 PM

The remaining play is to put pressure on AP to turn over the "high level" consultant.

Unlikely to happened, based on my read of the situation.

However were it to happen, said person is likely to start implicating others -- perhaps even U.S.-based investors in AP.

Fingering U.S. investors opens up an entirely new can of worms.

I wonder if ill-gotten gains could be disgorged?

I destroy penny stock scams for sport (hence the moniker Ps3tn0NcYk - P3nNY st0ck. Stupid, I know.), and most of the scam companies are constructed similarly. There appears to be an existing model for constructing the "perfect" penny stock scam, and the operators use it frequently.

I would love to get my hands on AP's financial statements, if for no other reason than to satisfy my curiosity on whether AP's is constructed similar to the penny stock model.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that AP operates at a slight operating loss, with all available monies, after accounting for the base costs of doing business, going to the "consultants".

Basically, the idea is to run the company at a loss and keep all of the assets encumbered by outstanding senior debt. This way, in the event of any legal action, the company is effectively a bankrupt shell.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:06 PM

You have noted the exact reasons AJ Green has Absolute by the short hairs in this instance.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: F AP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mark Seif says (11:03 PM):
yes because the guy i played against and his stupid lying friend made posts on a forum that i cheated them

[/ QUOTE ]

This comment speaks a great deal to Mr. Seif's character as well as his comments about Dan Druff. I understand that this is a tough spot for him, but name-calling and antagonizing are not productive, espcially given that he is a spokesman for an embroiled company.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark Seif's effectiveness as a spokesman is a perfect match to AP's effectiveness at internal security.

And his outrage at being dragged into the cheating scandal is galling: did he really not understand that by standing as a poker site's public face, he was saying to the world, "this site is honest and you will get a fair game, I stake my reputation on it!"?

Why Seif hasn't quit and issued a blistering statement about the actions of his employer, I can't guess. I suppose he had hoped to at least demonstrate his innocence re the 2006 session, but now that AP can't help him there, what can he possibly gain by staying?

-pyg