Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Just got paid.

[ QUOTE ]
maybe so in the case of individual US citizens, but there not touching kanawhake.

[/ QUOTE ]

well to be fair, I didn't really follow the whole argument you guys were having, so if you are talking about that Norton guy, ya he may be safe if he stays on the reservation.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe so in the case of individual US citizens, but there not touching kanawhake.
quote:
I would think they could do the same thing on a global level if they felt so inclined.
i would think this matter isnt big enuff to warrant that. not like its a country in the desert full of oil is it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Im not arguing what actions will be taken. I just wanted to point out to all the people that say the US can't do anything about it like they know for sure, they may not be correct.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:44 AM

im not sure about how usa laws and canadian laws tie in with each other either. just saying khanawake is in canada. so i assume if there ever was to be any action taken. usa would deal with there own citizens and canada with kanahwake. the thing is knahawake is a sovereign nation, so they have to be careful.canadians generally seem sensible types. on the other hand the usa historically hasnt really cared much for other nations sovereignty..
Old 10-26-2007, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
quote:
I would think they could do the same thing on a global level if they felt so inclined.
i would think this matter isnt big enuff to warrant that. not like its a country in the desert full of oil is it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Im not arguing what actions will be taken. I just wanted to point out to all the people that say the US can't do anything about it like they know for sure, they may not be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

The US government has done something about it. The Safe Port Act.

If you play poker in Costa Rica, or Kahwanake or wherever, what do you expect, I mean really?!

Don't get me wrong, great job to those involved in outing this stuff. But don't expect Uncle Sam to start helping you out because some players got cheated in Oola Boola land after you were told not to play there.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:55 AM

Imagine this hypothetical scenario:

[1] I relocate to, and incorporate a business in Belize.

[2] The investors in my corporation are my Aunts, Uncles, Brothers, Sisters, Cousins, Friends, etc. and are all based in the U.S.

[3] I use my corporation to successfully swindle American citizens out of millions of dollars.

[4] The entirety of the proceeds from my scam are redistributed as dividends to my shareholders.

I'm island hopping in the Caymans into perpetuity, my relatives and friends are filthy rich in the U.S.

Is everyone "safe"? If so, is this not the perfect business model assuming one cares little about ethical considerations?
Old 10-26-2007, 06:55 AM

PS3,

This revelation is excellent.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Imagine this hypothetical scenario:

[/ QUOTE ]

You have finally caught on! Yes, this describes the Absolute Poker ownership structure as best as we can guess. And so long as nobody can figure out who these Americans are, indeed they are "safe".

-pyg
Old 10-26-2007, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PS3,

This revelation is excellent.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] by the way good work .keep aproaching this with the objectivity you have consistently shown so far.ty (also th nat/adanth.ps. i was in melbourne in may. didnt get to see a footy match thoreally looking forward to that.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately for AP, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission's Regulations Concerning Interactive Gaming require "Authorized Client Providers" to keep a gaming record for "five years after the end of the transaction to which the record relates".

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, that is great detective work! Awesome! I forgive you for 50% of the lifetilt you put me on with your previous posts.

-pyg
Old 10-26-2007, 07:21 AM

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]
The support guy talks about a major change of the DB. Not about a major change of their system. Why would one change the db if it doesn't support changes in the program/system? Doesn't make sense to me, and those around me. And those around me have a lot of experience with databases and other things relevant to the discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any one of a billion reasons - for one thing, he says they were moving servers at the same time, so maybe it was simply a change of database provider. Or maybe they were having problems with access speed and changed the table structure, perhaps denormalising it to increase access speed. There are any number of reasons database structure might need to be changed. Also, of course the support guy isn't going to mention changing the db access code, why would he?