Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 10-25-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Most annoying TV poker players who act up cuz of camera!

I can understand getting exposure to a national audience for the first time for a big event broadcast might be exciting, and it even might be worth it to act like a douche in order to be more 'memorable' so you can stretch your 5 minutes of fame.

And in some cases (eg harved khan), those antics and acting wayyy out of character might even be TV worthy enough to warrant extra coverage from network and plotline.

But to go apeshit (see khan), act like you think your a comedian or rapper when you are definitely NOT (laak or prahlad), or act all high and mighty like you can lecture or talk down to the players you knock out (molina), just bugs the hell out of me.

So with that in mind, here is my list of annoying TV whores, and their corrsponding lo-lites:

- Khan (stupid dance and screaming around like as if he does that all the time, while looking like a chubby moron)
- Eric molina (snot nosed little punk who lucked out to make it that far, and lucked out on huge hand when better hand called him allin, then lectures and berates the guy on exit from table)

- Laak (the original 'act like an idiot for the camera' when TV poker was starting to catch on)

- Duke (trust me, no one cares about that tramp-stamp on your back)

- Hellmuth (literally lies flat on the floor after a drawout, then proceeds to 'educate' audience about what happened...yeah phil, he had a draw and got there, we all know what that feels like)

- Gold (ok, just a little jealous i admit, but his smug face when he kept hitting every ridiculous flop after another, and hit just about every draw after the flop even, just bugged me)

- Kiddo Pham (thinks he is a big shot, and goes around yapping to other players and tries to create drama on his hands, but played final table of that WPT event as bad as anyone i can remmeber)

- Hachem (ok i like him personally, and i think he is a well spoken guy, and was a good champion, but his exagerated walkoffs, while awaiting turn and river cards during every allin got to be too much. Mind you i think it was only for that one tournament he did that)

OK i'm done venting....
Old 10-25-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Most annoying TV poker players who act up cuz of camera!

All of them. Sit down and shut up. If it wasn't runner-runner quads/straight flush over quads, nobody cares. At all.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:16 PM

It must be well anoying being at the table with these guys, but wouldnet telivised poker be so anoying without them. especialy with the way the shows are edited witht he allin hands only. I love watching poker, but would like to c the hands that people actualy play the flop, turn and river. But untill that time comes we need these guys to keep me and others watching.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:22 PM

[x] This thread has potential.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:27 PM

No Humberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrto?????
Old 10-25-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ ] This thread has potential.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-25-2007, 05:30 PM

humberto.

andsome people think hes funny. seriously hes just a very classless geek, theres absolutely nothign funny about it.

hevad khan came out as a wankstah at first but no o just laugh at it, thats after seeing the maccaron-video on youtube.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:48 PM

For smart thinking players the "acting" of the opponents is +EV.
It`s much easier to put the clown on a character and by extension on a hand.
It is annoying to watch though.

That being said, if I ended up at the 20007 ME-FT I would have either pushed the volume on my Ipod to the max or I would`ve ended up in jail for strangling the religious fanatic.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:51 PM

You are right about most of these guy, especially Laak, who is not funny AT ALL.

I have to say though that I was really surprised at Gold on last season's HSP where he proved that although he is not the best player he does have style and is original. On this years's HSP I have seen him make plays and laydowns against other pros that justify that he is good.

I think it would be fair to mention guys who don't try to overdo anything at the table : Negreanu (although can be annoying sometimes), Harman, Lindgren, Greenstein and the almighty Doyle. Doyle handles his position as poker-godfather in a humble but yet very cool way. Can't forget when on PAD his phone rang and his ringtone was the Godfather theme...
Old 10-25-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can understand getting exposure to a national audience for the first time for a big event broadcast might be exciting, and it even might be worth it to act like a douche in order to be more 'memorable' so you can stretch your 5 minutes of fame.

And in some cases (eg harved khan), those antics and acting wayyy out of character might even be TV worthy enough to warrant extra coverage from network and plotline.

But to go apeshit (see khan), act like you think your a comedian or rapper when you are definitely NOT (laak or prahlad), or act all high and mighty like you can lecture or talk down to the players you knock out (molina), just bugs the hell out of me.

So with that in mind, here is my list of annoying TV whores, and their corrsponding lo-lites:

- Khan (stupid dance and screaming around like as if he does that all the time, while looking like a chubby moron)
- Eric molina (snot nosed little punk who lucked out to make it that far, and lucked out on huge hand when better hand called him allin, then lectures and berates the guy on exit from table)

- Laak (the original 'act like an idiot for the camera' when TV poker was starting to catch on)

- Duke (trust me, no one cares about that tramp-stamp on your back)

- Hellmuth (literally lies flat on the floor after a drawout, then proceeds to 'educate' audience about what happened...yeah phil, he had a draw and got there, we all know what that feels like)

- Gold (ok, just a little jealous i admit, but his smug face when he kept hitting every ridiculous flop after another, and hit just about every draw after the flop even, just bugged me)

- Kiddo Pham (thinks he is a big shot, and goes around yapping to other players and t (thinks he is a big shot, and goes around yapping to other players and tries to create drama on his hands, ries to create drama on his hands, but played final table of that WPT event as bad as anyone i can remmeber)

- Hachem (ok i like him personally, and i think he is a well spoken guy, and was a good champion, but his exagerated walkoffs, while awaiting turn and river cards during every allin got to be too much. Mind you i think it was only for that one tournament he did that)

OK i'm done venting....

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you sound like the exact persona of a donkey 10 cent player who has never played a live cash game/tournament with any value or meaning to it and if you had it was probably a 60 dollar sng or 1/2 limit game and you have never been around any of these people during the tournament stages where it's not on tv.... Buddy of mine was playing cash game with Kido @ Venetian the day before Ceasers Poker Classic started and i was railing their table occasionally while I was getting dealt squadoosh in my 4-8 LHE and Kido is very Polite and not a scumbag . Not saying he might not make a little glamour for the tv table in something he says but it is extremly light hearted compared to some other people you mentioned

So OP.... know your [censored] and stop basing people off of what you see from 1-2 tv programs