Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: NL 100 HU cash - tough spot

umm you have a full house.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:21 PM

Yeah, I don't really see how this is anything but a snap call. Folding if there's any chance he does this with a 5 or wores is a disaster. This could just as easily be KT or K7 as KK, TT, 77 as IME players who slow play one on the flop will slowplay them all.

[x]You're getting great odds
[x]Opponent is an unknown donk who likely thinks you're tilted
[x]You have a runner runner boat
[x]Fistpump
Old 11-19-2007, 05:24 PM

The day I lay down a full house is the day I quit playing poker. Well, there was that one time, but it was very very special occasion.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:15 PM

lol zeebo theorem

read the [censored]'s hands if y'all wanna make an argument for calling. zomg i has a full house is usually good enough but seriously do you guys just turn off when you make a strong hand?

if it's actually a call, it should be easy to justify - the only person who has really tried is snipe
Old 11-19-2007, 06:21 PM

hu...full house...get money in
Old 11-19-2007, 06:26 PM

Okay, the read is:

"he running hot"

Omg, I must lay down the dumb end of a straight flush because my villain probably has me beat because he is a suck-out donkey!

"This is not a bluff"

Orly?

This belongs in LC, and you know it bbbushu. It would take an expert read or a super user account to lay down these kinds of hands. Or a read of, "My villain has been playing me for 7 hours and never bet once." Now we have an actual read to lay this down.

Do we turn off? No, but scared poker isn't getting the money. I would probably bust here if I had KQ, to be honest.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:32 PM

davet,

sorry i dont think it belongs in LC but maybe we're just seeing it differently. do i fold this when i'm playing? [censored] a prolly not but i make a lot of calls that are bad and could prolly gain from reading into some hands a bit deeper than i normally do. i agree with a lot of the circumstantial stuff but do we really expect a bad player to three-bet re-bluff for all the money? i mean goddamn that's a pretty bold move for someone who "likely thinks we're tilting."

if you had KQ and misclicked your way to the river like this, then LOL at the idea of check/raise/calling all-in on this river, bro. there is a difference between "scared poker" and "zomg top-top (almost)" arrr-in.

it's hard to say for any of us aside from en passant (altho yes he has the best chance) what villain's range is but do u have any ideas what it might be after the river shove?

bbbushu
Old 11-19-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but do we really expect a bad player to three-bet re-bluff for all the money?

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe. However, we definitely expect him to 3bet with what he thinks is the nuts (more accurate is probably what he thinks beats us):

Does villain ever do this with KT? With AK? With KQ? With KJ? With K7? With AA (so many villains can never get away from this, and this is exactly how a lot of them play it)?

OP said villain is a bad player. If so, the answer to many of these questions is 'yes', and therefore there are many hands worse than OP's full house that shove, making this an easy call.

bbbushu, not really sure what you're looking for. This seems to be about as clear cut as it gets in terms of hand ranges and hand reading - we're not trying to put him on an exact hand, just correlate his behavior to the most likely range, which we destroy. I have to agree with daveT on the LC thing.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't really see how this is anything but a snap call. Folding if there's any chance he does this with a 5 or wores is a disaster. This could just as easily be KT or K7 as KK, TT, 77 as IME players who slow play one on the flop will slowplay them all.

[x]You're getting great odds
[x]Opponent is an unknown donk who likely thinks you're tilted
[x]You have a runner runner boat
[x]Fistpump

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT
Old 11-19-2007, 08:33 PM

I asked my mentor Jennifer Tilly about this hand and she puts the villain squarely on Kings and thinks it's an easy check-fold. fwiw... (a lot)
Old 11-20-2007, 12:07 AM

I called. Villain showed KK.