Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 04:53 AM

Default Why Does He Call? (HU SNG)

Background: This guy NEVER raises preflop in position or out of position, he never CALLS a raise in position or out of position unless he has a very strong hand, and then he will shove all in. On every flop, he will 3/4 bet, if you call and he had AIR, he will continue to check turn and river allowing you free cards. If you reraise him on the flop, he usually completes on drawing hands, reraises you with ANY pairs. This guy was a total joke, but some how I kept missing my huge draws and fell behind, until this hand below in which he made some strange call. For a brief moment I thought he was slowrolling me, but when he called, I was amazed to see what he had.

What could make such a player call this? Would you ever call if your opponent played like I did. I have been folding to a lot of his raises on the flop if I miss, I dont want to get into a bluffing game with this guy, because he seems like a robot, lol. I eventually beat him.

Poker Stars, $30 + $1.50 NL Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds, 2 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): 1,025
SB: 1,975

Pre-Flop: (30) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
SB calls 10, Hero checks

Flop: (40) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets 30</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to 80</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to 275</font>, Hero calls 195

Turn: (590) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB checks

River: (590) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets 730 and is All-In</font>, SB calls 730

Results: 2,050 Pot
Hero showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, Queen high) and WON 2,050 (+1,025 NET)
SB showed 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Sixes and Deuces) and LOST (-1,025 NET)
Old 11-19-2007, 05:00 AM

Default Re: Why Does He Call? (HU SNG)

He just "knew" that you were bluffing. Especially after the checked turn.

Or he might have assumed you were bluffing because that's what he would have been doing if he'd made the same bet.

I don't know, people are strange. I played a few guys today who only bluffed. If they had a hand, they tried to trap. Every time. It was pretty unbelievable.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:04 AM

That makes poker fun, but not fun when your missing straight flush draws with two over cards, and your opponent keeps calling you down with mid pair and you dont fill up. Its pretty disturbing haha!
Old 11-19-2007, 07:54 AM

Because he cant play.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:46 AM

he is a idiot obv.

No reason to call there imo
Old 11-19-2007, 09:49 AM

I think he figured the only way for him to win was to shove on the river. He didn't put you on the flush and thought that his all-in move had a great deal of fold equity to win what was quite a large pot.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he figured the only way for him to win was to shove on the river. He didn't put you on the flush and thought that his all-in move had a great deal of fold equity to win what was quite a large pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

īDid you see that villain called?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:03 PM

Remember this hand next time you try to bluff somebody and every draw hits and he hero calls your overbet with bottom pair, it might make you feel a little better.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:10 PM

Man that's [censored] hilarious!!

Yesterday I was playing this guy and the 3rd hand he called 2 PSB to hit his flush on the river, where he checked again and I checked behind him. I said: nh. Two hands after that he called 2 3/4PSB with K-high no draw in position just to, when a king appeared on the river, CHECK BEHIND ME, AND SAY: THAT ONE TOO!

OMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG LOOOOOOOL

I just agreed with him and every bizarre play he'd make I was complimenting to induce him to keep doing. If he folded to my bluff I was: nice lay down LOOOOOOOOOOL

Ship it