Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 09:50 PM

Default How\'d I do with this flush draw

Only been here a little while but the coldcaller seems to defend his BB light and I haven't seen much 3betting by either of them.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (14.16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 17.16 BB
Old 02-23-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: How\'d I do with this flush draw

yuck
Old 02-23-2007, 10:22 PM

dont donk the flop, 3bet the turn
Old 02-23-2007, 10:47 PM

Everything except pf is pretty bad.

The idea of the flop bet is to get BT to raise? Or to fold people out? The former is at best NU EV, and the latter isn't going to happen.

You have the second nuts on the turn. You really need to put in a 3-bet. If you're afraid of knocking the middle guy out, don't be. Sometimes he'll call and a lot of the time BT will cap.

I don't get the river given the proceeding action. I guess it's going with the theme of keeping people in. You need to get some value though.

What you did in this hand is lowered your ceiling on what you could make on this hand. At worse, if you play aggressively, you miss out on a bet (-2 from CO but +1 from BT), but you miss out on a ton of bets when these guys have hands and would continue.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:02 AM

c/r flop
as played c/3bet turn you have the close nuts just hope he has AK with Kh or something they aint folding
Old 02-24-2007, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yuck

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait to read 14,245!
Old 02-24-2007, 08:48 AM

Thanks guys. I didn't want to 3bet the turn like you said to keep the other guy in, I figured he was drawing dead, but I guess Ax Kh was totally possible.

I don't really understand why river is so bad given the rest of the line though. I've done nothing to really rep a flush and in reality my hand looks more like AJ than a flush? Bad logic?
A river CR is getting me the same amount almost every time I'd think.

I'm not sure how much I like a flop CR out of position with just two other people in. If I thought I could get three people in for two bets I'd CR but with just two I'm not sure I like that play. I think being overaggro with flush draws has become much too standard these days and frankly I think a check-call from an aggro player looks a lot less like a FD than a lead or CR. Thoughts?

What about this line?
Check call flop
Lead turn
Figure out river after getting raised(and 3betting) or just called.

P.S. I played this hand better than the button [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think being overaggro with flush draws has become much too standard these days and frankly I think a check-call from an aggro player looks a lot less like a FD than a lead or CR. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a c/r ever looks like a fd. It's always a possibility but I never think to myself 'oh he is just on a fd.' You are right that donking looks less like a fd than does a c/r but you still see some fish donk their draws. Either way villain is either folding or staying in whether you donk or c/r (and probably staying in) so with two players in play your hand for value rather than as a semi-bluff.

I think the river is perfect given how you played the turn. And I agree with the others who said to raise as 1)villain may have a heart and 2) the cold caller will call you down so you'd loose only 1 bet at most if he doesn't have a heart and possibly gain up to 6 bets.