Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 01:48 PM

Default I know I misplayed somewhere -- help!

Hey everyone, new poster to the boards. Not sure how to use the converter best, so I'll do my best to recreate the hand from my HH.

Playing $25 buy in PLO on Bodog. I have $65 in Seat 4, Villain has $130 in Seat 3.

I am dealt Ah, Qh, Qc, 3s. Hand was min-raised by various opponents to $1.00 total.

Flop comes Qd, 7c, 3c, giving me trip Q's. Seat 2 bets $1.80, Villain calls, and I raise pot to $12.70 total. Folds all around except for villain who calls.

Turn makes the board Qd, 7c, 3c, 4d. Villain checks, I check behind. This is where I think I probably made the mistake, but I am not sure what the right line would be to take here.

River makes it Qd, 7c, 3c, 4d, As. Villain checks, I bet $20 into an approx. $34 pot.

I'll post results after some comments come in about the play. All criticism/comments appreciated.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: I know I misplayed somewhere -- help!

Your turn play isn't that bad. Villian is drawing, and one of the two obvious draws got there. Taking a free card isn't bad, although against aggressive opponents (and once you get higher) you're often going to become obliged to call alot more rivers if the flush doesn't get there and he leads.

That said, if you were OOP I think a check would be very bad, since it clearly defines your hand. In that case, my default play with or w/o the draw is to lead for 3/4. If you were to take this same line here, in position, and you were to get raised, that'd be a pretty bad result and you'd be forced to lay down a hand that might've had an opportunity to win if it saw a river card.

I think it's important to mix up this spot, and deep I like a check alot of the time.

It's also important to have reads, here. Some villians will lead pot when they hit here, and some will always check-raise. Against these players your correct line becomes much more obvious.

river value bet is good. Players at this level are terrible, and it's in no way unreasonable to think he might have some sort of weak made hand.

if you /know/ he's that bad, though, I think a turn bet becomes much more correct.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:04 PM

bet turn at least 3\4
river bet would be a bit less, say $15
because he probably hvnt AQ to call, but we giving him chance to call with A7A3A4 still
Old 08-05-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That said, if you were OOP I think a check would be very bad, since it clearly defines your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I follow here -- how do you feel it defines my hand too easily?

[ QUOTE ]
It's also important to have reads, here. Some villians will lead pot when they hit here, and some will always check-raise. Against these players your correct line becomes much more obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was relatively new to this table, but had played a few orbits with Villain. No real reads, seemed to be tight and bet value, hence why I figured that the value bet on the end was probably a good call seeing as he checked to me twice. I figured I had to have the best hand.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:10 PM

because unless you're consistently c/r turns as the flop bettor, checking here after being very interested in the flop says "a draw just showed up and i don't know if my set is good." A good player can now fire two barrels and you can't really call.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:41 PM

Just so that I don't leave anyone hanging, Villain called the $20 bet on the river and tabled 65 for the made straight on the turn.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:02 PM

Wow. Does Bodog have a 10% unlimited rake or something?
Old 08-05-2007, 03:10 PM

Called with the nuts on the river...?
Old 08-05-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol
Old 08-09-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If true, I'd move on quick to another site [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rake is 5%.. capped at 1,5$, at the 25$ buy in 9-handed tables