Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Street Wars: Stealth Assassin Game

this game favors those without residence... or whose residence isn't exactly permanent... and those who are on vacation or don't have a job/work at home.

...it also favors someone who has little else to do, but hang out outside someone's house for hours on end.

Sounds super fun.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So the Shadow Government holds the manies and does the ship it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol!
Old 07-17-2007, 06:18 PM

we did this at our college... started with 90 people paying 5$ each, i was one of 9 left and then they canceled it b/c of the VT shootings.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this game favors those without residence... or whose residence isn't exactly permanent... and those who are on vacation or don't have a job/work at home.

...it also favors someone who has little else to do, but hang out outside someone's house for hours on end.

Sounds super fun.

[/ QUOTE ]
What if I have to leave town/travel outside the city?

A: If you leave for longer than a few days, we inform your killer of the fact and upon your return you are required to provide 2 locations (not home or work) where you will be for a minimum of 1.5 hours.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:34 PM

A good description from their website:

StreetWars is a 3 week long, 24/7, watergun assassination tournament that has already taken place in New York City, Vancouver, Vienna, San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, and is now coming to Paris in September 2007.

At the start of the game you will receive a manila envelope containing the following:

A picture of your intended target(s)
The home address of your intended target(s)
The work address of your intended target(s)
The name of your intended target(s)
Contact information of your intended target(s)
Upon receipt of these items, your (or your team's) mission is to find and kill (by way of water gun, water balloon or super soaker) your target(s).

You can hunt your target down any way you see fit; you can pose as a delivery person and jack them when they open the door, disguise yourself and take them out on the street, etc.

If you are successful in your assassination attempt, the person you killed will give you their envelope and the person they were supposed to kill becomes your new target. This continues until you work yourself through all the players and retrieve the envelope with your (or your team's) picture(s) and name(s). Then you win. Cash…but first live in fear.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
During High School every year, the seniors would play this game (we called it "Killer"). It got pretty intense. People would storm into classrooms waterguns-ablazing, interrupting class and whatnot. People would go to their victims' houses and wait for them to come out to go to school. Some hired bodyguards. I imagine this wouldn't be looked upon too highly these days with Columbine and V-Tech and whatnot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you go to Stuyvesant? A couple of hilarious kids from my grade brought in these huge Super Soakers that looked like bazookas, and it was especially impressive because my school banned water guns that year.

I'm hoping StreetWars sets up another game in NYC soon.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:33 PM

how do you defend yourself? can you (i guess temporarily?) kill the person trying to kill you?
Old 07-17-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do you defend yourself? can you (i guess temporarily?) kill the person trying to kill you?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you shoot him first with the Super Soaker, you "stun" him for 1 day.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
During High School every year, the seniors would play this game (we called it "Killer"). It got pretty intense. People would storm into classrooms waterguns-ablazing, interrupting class and whatnot. People would go to their victims' houses and wait for them to come out to go to school. Some hired bodyguards. I imagine this wouldn't be looked upon too highly these days with Columbine and V-Tech and whatnot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you go to Stuyvesant? A couple of hilarious kids from my grade brought in these huge Super Soakers that looked like bazookas, and it was especially impressive because my school banned water guns that year.

I'm hoping StreetWars sets up another game in NYC soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, yeah. I went to Stuy. I got killed by some [censored] with a super soaker. A lot of people got in trouble for having water guns in school my year, but I managed to avoid it all, even though I had most of my kills during school.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:20 PM

A stealthy assassin will never get caught in school with his weapon of choice.