Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What's the favourite?
L/c 0 0%
L/R 1 11.11%
B/c 0 0%
B/R 8 88.89%
I mix it up to keep the monkey and the rest of the table off balance. 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, September, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's video of the dude from when he steps up to the mic to ask/discuss in this open forum. There's other vids and angles of this.

He's giving his speech/asking his questions and the cops start to detain him. I'd be pretty pissed too if I was physically handled during an open forum event. Yes he was a douche, but it could have been handled in a different manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having watched three or four different views/angles of this, looks like the cops followed procedure pretty much to the letter. If a detainee continually resists arrest (as this kid did), they're instructed to stop struggling/resisting or they will be tasered (the warning was given at least twice that I heard), and if the detainee continues to resist (as this kid did) they are instructed to use the taser (as they did).

Unlike parents or teachers, police threats are rarely hollow. If they stop or I'll shoot, they will usually shoot if you don't stop. If they say stop struggling or you'll be tasered, either stop or expect to shake for a while.

Those warnings are part of the procedures they are trained to follow. Don't heed the warning and you'll discover they intend to follow through.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is there so much video of this specific guy? do you guys run video off of your cell phones at events like this where you would happen to catch this? How much memory do you guys have in your cell phones for pics and videos? This smells.

We're losing context imo in a lot of what people are claiming to be facts based on the video they see on youtube. any camera has a difficult time catching context.

And wtf is up with that hitler thread in oot. Everybody is replying to the op saying "omg, I learned so much" and a good bit of what he says isn't even historically correct. I pretty much can bet my br that if I ran a thread called ask gtrhtr anything about the war on terror, all those posters who are saying omg this is so enlightening, would be telling me I don't know wtf I'm talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do this! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

and post a link to it in this thread please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And wtf is up with that hitler thread in oot. Everybody is replying to the op saying "omg, I learned so much" and a good bit of what he says isn't even historically correct. I pretty much can bet my br that if I ran a thread called ask gtrhtr anything about the war on terror, all those posters who are saying omg this is so enlightening, would be telling me I don't know wtf I'm talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do this! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

and post a link to it in this thread please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd read it
Old 09-18-2007, 11:51 PM

Old 09-19-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's video of the dude from when he steps up to the mic to ask/discuss in this open forum. There's other vids and angles of this.

He's giving his speech/asking his questions and the cops start to detain him. I'd be pretty pissed too if I was physically handled during an open forum event. Yes he was a douche, but it could have been handled in a different manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having watched three or four different views/angles of this, looks like the cops followed procedure pretty much to the letter. If a detainee continually resists arrest (as this kid did), they're instructed to stop struggling/resisting or they will be tasered (the warning was given at least twice that I heard), and if the detainee continues to resist (as this kid did) they are instructed to use the taser (as they did).

Unlike parents or teachers, police threats are rarely hollow. If they stop or I'll shoot, they will usually shoot if you don't stop. If they say stop struggling or you'll be tasered, either stop or expect to shake for a while.

Those warnings are part of the procedures they are trained to follow. Don't heed the warning and you'll discover they intend to follow through.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone is questioning their tactics after he starts resisting. But, barring some incident prior to his stepping up to the mic, there's no reason for police to even begin to detain him for speaking at an open forum, no matter how much of an idiot you are.

If he was asked to leave or he would be physically removed, that's one thing, but merely basing it on the video, they just grabbed the guy in the middle of whatever it was he was trying to say.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:19 AM

I had one of those "oh [censored]" moments a while ago on a bubble...

Big Blind is t150 (3 handed)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Button raises to t450</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t1990 (All-in)</font>,

multi-tabling, quickly look up on auto-pilot, see 88, a LAG button raise in front, and shove...

then look at the stacks

Button (t6810)
SB (t200)
Hero (t1990)

then see villain's name is "xxxGAMBLE"

edit: expert play by SB. He can obviously see my hole-cards and knew what was about to transpire.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he was asked to leave or he would be physically removed, that's one thing, but merely basing it on the video, they just grabbed the guy in the middle of whatever it was he was trying to say.

[/ QUOTE ]
If Kerry were a leader, he would have quelled the situation with his military hero training and/or his diplomatic abilities.

He obviously has none of the above or this would never have happened. Just the guy I want want running the country.....
Old 09-19-2007, 12:20 AM

until someone proves to me otherwise, the cops initially put their hands on the man for free speeching, in an open forum, too loud...(and really [censored] annoyingly)
Old 09-19-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
until someone proves to me otherwise, the cops initially put their hands on the man for free speeching, in an open forum, too loud...(and really [censored] annoyingly)

[/ QUOTE ]

The event was probably organized like this.

1) Get in line to use the mic.
2) Ask a question, any question.
3) Wait for answer.
4) If you're lucky, ask a follow-up question.
5) Sit the [censored] down and let someone else have their turn.

Any one of the event organizers could have (and probably did) ask the cops to remove him once he'd said his piece and gotten his answer. Free speech doesn't mean I have to be forced to listen, nor does it mean you have the right to keep talking after it's someone else's turn.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The event was probably organized like this.

1) Get in line to use the mic.
2) Ask a question, any question.
3) Wait for answer.
4) If you're lucky, ask a follow-up question.
5) Sit the [censored] down and let someone else have their turn.

Any one of the event organizers could have (and probably did) ask the cops to remove him once he'd said his piece and gotten his answer. Free speech doesn't mean I have to be forced to listen, nor does it mean you have the right to keep talking after it's someone else's turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've been to a few of these things set up exactly the same way. one was for the son of whichever native iraqi was running iraq under president bush. i could see a situation where this kid is flagged (i know for a fact the same type of kids are flagged at my school) for these type of scenarios. i could definitely see the cops waiting for him to [censored] up and cause a scene. i didn't see anyone ask him to calm down.

kerry should of not been a little bitch (oh wait llllllllllllolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllll) and been like, stfu hippy scum i'll answer your first question then you can ask me your other questions you're obviously getting a boner off doing this.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:36 AM

not saying the kid didn't deserve it, but in general, police in america are given way to much power for the amount of intelligence they must have and training they receive.
Closed Thread