Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-24-2007, 06:01 AM

Default SLOTBOOM WORKS...?

hi all...

what u think bout the slotboom strategy? i really think it works...

anyone else made any experiences??

played tables from $0.25 to $2!! the best results cam from the $2 tables!
Old 11-24-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: SLOTBOOM WORKS...?

Duck and cover!
Old 11-24-2007, 10:36 AM

Is slotboom raising PFR and then capping every street?
Old 11-24-2007, 12:57 PM

To make that strategy work you need to have maniac sitting right next to you. If there are only passive players just forget about it. It's no use peddling aces if you aren't able to get almost all-in preflop.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:21 PM

There's a 5/10 local live game that is perfect for 'peddling' aces, and I'll buy in for the min and this strategy has not worked out well for me.

All-in for 2.8k PF with AAJTds vs KJ35 unsuited, lost when he turns trip threes.

All-in with KKJTds for $1800, my friend who I have staked had AA75us and was all-in for $800. The other guy had K266ss, and won when he flopped quads.

Particularly, the guy who flopped quads never folds preflop. If you 3/4-bet him, he'll say "I know what you got, them aces." And call any amount of his stack away just to crack them.

Had several -5k nights 'Slotbooming'.

God, I run bad at live Omaha.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a 5/10 local live game that is perfect for 'peddling' aces, and I'll buy in for the min and this strategy has not worked out well for me.

All-in for 2.8k PF with AAJTds vs KJ35 unsuited, lost when he turns trip threes.

All-in with KKJTds for $1800, my friend who I have staked had AA75us and was all-in for $800. The other guy had K266ss, and won when he flopped quads.

Particularly, the guy who flopped quads never folds preflop. If you 3/4-bet him, he'll say "I know what you got, them aces." And call any amount of his stack away just to crack them.

[/ QUOTE ]

warms my heart a bit to hear that
Old 11-24-2007, 01:26 PM

It's probably the juiciest Omaha game imaginable. Usual 70% VPIP and everyone is an aggrotard.

A) Flop Set
B) Don't get sucked out on.
C) ?????
D) Profit.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hi all...

what u think bout the slotboom strategy? i really think it works...

anyone else made any experiences??

played tables from $0.25 to $2!! the best results cam from the $2 tables!

[/ QUOTE ]

Myself and another 2+2 poster have done a long analysis of the Slotboom shortstacking strategy and we have found that it is so good that it both underused and should be expanded.

The other poster did most of the work so I feel a little uncomfortable posting the results, but I will summarize the main findings:

Because the people at these levels are so bad you make money by playing about 40% of all hands and raising in the last 3 positions.

And when people are a little passive and you can only get 25-40% of your stack in preflop, then make sure that you don't get bluffed out.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Well, it is pretty obvious the tactic has huge variance. You could almost compare it to coin flip since in Omaha almost no hand is big dog like in Hold 'em.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Well, it is pretty obvious the tactic has huge variance. You could almost compare it to coin flip since in Omaha almost no hand is big dog like in Hold 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is a better matchup.

Top 20% of NL hands vs worst 20%
Top 20% of PLOhands vs worst 20%