Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-22-2007, 07:10 AM

Default Frank TV

I've been a fan of Frank Caliendo's since his days on Mad TV and I think he is the best / funniest impressionest ever, so I'm glad he finally got his own show.

I watched the premiere yesterday and I thought it was pretty good stuff like I expected. His Seinfeld skit was amazing. It's crazy how accurate his impressions are, and it's even crazier how many people he can do. If you aren't very familliar with him, this clip of his standup will set you straight.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Frank TV

Just watched the Seinfeld clip... the impressions are good, but I didn't laugh once. Never been tempted to watch his show.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:50 AM

I thought this show would be horrible because it's on TBS, but I was pleasantly surprised. I would rate it a 6/10, and I'll probably watch another one if I stumble upon it. I don't really think he's that funny, I'm just very impressed by the number of impressions he can do and how accurate they are. I agree that the Seinfeld skit was spot on all around. Not only are his voice impressions more accurate than any I've ever heard, his mannerisms are almost as good.

The only thing I wish he wouldn't do is have those stupid interactions with the audience, they just aren't funny.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:08 AM

I made it a point not to watch the show because there were fifty-three million commercials for it during the baseball playoffs and they pissed me off.

But I will admit I LOL'd at his George W. Bush impressions in this spot, even though Dubya-is-dumb is so hackneyed.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:19 AM

Im a huge fan of his days on madTV and had high expectations for this show cuz he was always so funny. This show really did not deliver compared to how funny this guy usually is. I was dissapointed [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Hopefully the newer ones will be better, if not this is def. getting canceled.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:57 AM

That Seinfeld sketch was god awful.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:05 PM

The show was better than I thought. The Seinfled sketch was pretty good, and I thought the Madden stuff was the worst. Clinton library was pretty good as well.

He might need a guest star each week though.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The show was better than I thought. The Seinfled sketch was pretty good, and I thought the Madden stuff was the worst. Clinton library was pretty good as well.

He might need a guest star each week though.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya him by himself all the time would get real old
Old 11-22-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just watched the Seinfeld clip... the impressions are good, but I didn't laugh once.

[/ QUOTE ]

what he said.

i smirked once or twice during the 30 min show. never laughed.

i equate impressions alone being funny to a baby being amazed by an ol' fashioned game of peek-a-boo...i mean come on.

then my friend sends me a link to a nyt article about how well it did in the ratings and i started to cry.

gobble gobble.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:39 PM

I gave it 10 minutes of my time, then turned it off. It should survive no more than 6 episodes but it will probably last 3 seasons. Its horrible. I knew it was a mega-dud within the first 2 minutes as he was giving his monologue, this TV moment was right up there with the first episode of Chevy Chase's show where he choked live on the air.