Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: D Negreanu online vr live LOL

Well obviously she thought DN was getting at that online players aren't necessarily good live cause they can't spot tells....she then said it first to look smart and mostly jump the conversation to the point that he is taking so long to get to. Of course it's a stupid conclusion, stupid thing to say and DN was not getting at that at all.

Also she doesn't seem to be much of an interviewer and doesn't seem to know jack about poker, but she is hot as hell.

From DN the end was a little insulting and would be unless he's your friend and then w/e friends do that to each other. Overall though I thought it was very good and everything he said is correct.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:14 PM

My respect for Negraenu has been upped after this interview.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:14 PM

He's spot on.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm impressed... Solid interview.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-12-2007, 09:19 PM

Daniel's starting to get it!

Everything he said is pretty right
Old 11-12-2007, 09:20 PM

Amanda knows a lot about poker and will do a phenomenal job in that role. It also doesn't hurt that she is attractive.

If you don't think Amanda knows a lot about poker you clearly haven't been around awhile. Her interviews for PokerWire were always good and she always got to the right people.

What Daniel doesn't mention is that guys like Scotty aren't playing the best in the world, in fact, they are often playing guys that aren't very good. The game selection available to the biggest live players would baffle people.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:21 PM

The "stupid" interviewer is actually Sebok's girlfriend. He knows her name because she is one of the shows on Sebok's new website.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Amanda knows a lot about poker and will do a phenomenal job in that role. It also doesn't hurt that she is attractive.

If you don't think Amanda knows a lot about poker you clearly haven't been around awhile. Her interviews for PokerWire were always good and she always got to the right people.

What Daniel doesn't mention is that guys like Scotty aren't playing the best in the world, in fact, they are often playing guys that aren't very good. The game selection available to the biggest live players would baffle people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was basing my opinion on the interviewer from this one interview (and in fact just those 2 min. in the clip - I don't know if there was more) since I never wtahc any of these. From this one interview she looked lost, knew very little, and let DN dominate the interview. - meaning that she barely asked any questions and didn't ask any insightful ones near give any meaningful commenst or anything. It was basically a DN talk show.

And yea that is a good point that I was thinkign when DN was talking abotu Scotty. The things he mentioned definitely help Scotty live but the biggest reason he wins live really is that the average live player is way way worse than the average online player especially at the levels that he plays.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:26 PM

You put Kenny Tran vs. Brian Townsend live and it wouldn't be a fair fight. Kenny would crush him live.

In fact, the edge Kenny would have over Brian live would be substantially more than Brian's edge against him online.

I am pretty sure Kenny wouldn't turn down a match like this given what I have heard.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:30 PM

I don't think anybody would CRUSH Townsend live.

I also doubt you really know enough about them to really know who would have an edge and how big it would be.

I know that I don't know enough.