Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Hand against Fossilman

This is 15 minutes into the tournament...

PokerStars Game #12283207609: Tournament #70000017, $300+$20 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2007/09/26 - 15:14:09 (ET)
Table '70000017 526' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Sonsbiggestf (2790 in chips)
Seat 2: hoozie000 (3100 in chips)
Seat 3: journey075 (3260 in chips)
Seat 4: hotmark777 (3180 in chips)
Seat 5: The_Pr1me (2960 in chips)
Seat 6: FossilMan (2740 in chips)
hoozie000: posts small blind 10
journey075: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to hotmark777 [Jd Js]
FossilMan said, "ty Rach"
hotmark777: raises 40 to 60
The_Pr1me: folds
FossilMan: raises 120 to 180
Sonsbiggestf: folds
hoozie000: folds
journey075: folds
hotmark777: calls 120
*** FLOP *** [9h 2c 2h]
hotmark777: checks
FossilMan: bets 240
hotmark777: raises 400 to 640
FossilMan said, "more likely out of fear of embarrassment, rather than to hide info from opponents"
FossilMan: raises 1920 to 2560 and is all-in
Old 09-26-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Hand against Fossilman

I think you gotta let it go. I don't really see Greg shoving here with anything < JJ. His repop at your UTG raise and flop shove is screaming big hand
Old 09-26-2007, 03:39 PM

he's got QQ+, with KK or AA more likely. or AhKh. if it's QQ you're 91.6% vs 8.4% if he has AhKh you're 51-49. he never has air; he does not have 99 or 2x. fold.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:44 PM

I really hate your checkraise. I think you probably have to fold, with the flush draw out there it'd make enough sense to play a big pair fast and I doubt he'd try to bluff a random tournament player unless you two have some history from cash or something, though your raise does look really weak and he's certainly capable of making that move.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:51 PM

checkraising sucks unless you can insta-snap it off here...

i dont think you can
Old 09-26-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
checkraising sucks unless you can insta-snap it off here...

i dont think you can

[/ QUOTE ]

So you suggest i check call on the flop? How about preflop any room for a three bet oop? What was the optimal way of playing this hand.

I opted for the check raise because there are 19 cards that can make my decision even harder on turn. (akq or heart)
Old 09-26-2007, 04:07 PM

Check raise is poor. I'd likely check/call here and check/fold unimproved. He's repped major strength through two streets... I think he'll slow down versus an unknown on the turn with AK because trying to push unknowns off overpairs in these things isn't usually a good thing.

He'd be insane to have AK without the flush draw.

My guess is he had Aces. If not aces then Kings.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:10 PM

your image to greg is internet random, so with that said your flop CR is total spew because he is rarely getting out of line and will be shoving on this flop with QQ+ and high heart combinations, and rarely something JJ is ahead of.

given that you should fold to the shove, which makes your hand the same as 65spades. Checkraising 65spades on this flop is really meh because wtf are you repping? Your hand looks so weak.

So, we get back to the fact that your hand sucks as a bluff, and what is its worth for value? I cant possibly see it being +EV. yeah you look weak, but you are pulling some kind of sickness in attempting to get greg to pull a huge move on an internet random.

i dont think there is anything wrong with taking off a card and playing a turn oop when stacksizes are still pretty deep. you are polarizing your range a fair amount but you can safely fold to a strong turn bet as, once again, greg is going to put you on the image of a random tournament player who would be incapable of folding TT here ever so he's obviously going to threebarrel AA-QQ/sometimes JJ and he will prolly check behind high cards on the turn.

your play on the turn weighs on how often you think greg will bluff an internet random on the turn, and if he ever 3barrel bluffs. also how often he can thinly valuebet a high pp on the river.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your image to greg is internet random, so with that said your flop CR is total spew because he is rarely getting out of line and will be shoving on this flop with QQ+ and high heart combinations, and rarely something JJ is ahead of.

given that you should fold to the shove, which makes your hand the same as 65spades. Checkraising 65spades on this flop is really meh because wtf are you repping? Your hand looks so weak.

So, we get back to the fact that your hand sucks as a bluff, and what is its worth for value? I cant possibly see it being +EV. yeah you look weak, but you are pulling some kind of sickness in attempting to get greg to pull a huge move on an internet random.

i dont think there is anything wrong with taking off a card and playing a turn oop when stacksizes are still pretty deep. you are polarizing your range a fair amount but you can safely fold to a strong turn bet as, once again, greg is going to put you on the image of a random tournament player who would be incapable of folding TT here ever so he's obviously going to threebarrel AA-QQ/sometimes JJ and he will prolly check behind high cards on the turn.

your play on the turn weighs on how often you think greg will bluff an internet random on the turn, and if he ever 3barrel bluffs. also how often he can thinly valuebet a high pp on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

or just tell him the c/r sux0rs
Old 09-26-2007, 04:36 PM

lol thought u knew how to play poker hotmark