Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 06:37 AM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($50)
CO ($160.60)
Button ($98.50)
SB ($47.45)
Hero ($208.35)
UTG ($90.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, CO calls $6.

Flop: ($14.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $30</font>, CO calls $20.

Turn: ($74.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $80</font>, CO calls $80.

River: ($234.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $91.35 (All-In)</font>, CO calls $43.60 (All-In).

Final Pot: $321.45

Results in white below:
Hero has Ah Ac (one pair, aces).
CO has Tc Jd (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins $369.20.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it me or has there been a significant influx in the What's a good winrate?/How much can I make @ 25NL/How many hands do you guys play?/Do any of you guys do this for a living? kinda threads in this forum lately?

[/ QUOTE ]

Waiting for the iron fist of AMA to come down on teh headz of n00bs...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually quite proud of my nooblars, they usually keep their nooblar questions in the microbrew instead of starting nooblar threads

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] nooblars

Note: any nooblar threads started will be immediately lockhammered so DONT BOTHER
Old 09-18-2007, 08:17 AM

In other news, I've cashed out my entire roll and will not be playing poker again until I have a job. Poker is the ultimate procrastinator and going to bet at 2am and not being able to think of anything you accomplished that day other than playing a billion hands and making no money is pathetic.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In other news, I've cashed out my entire roll and will not be playing poker again until I have a job. Poker is the ultimate procrastinator and going to bet at 2am and not being able to think of anything you accomplished that day other than playing a billion hands and making no money is pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban
Old 09-18-2007, 09:13 AM

ugh! my worst DS so far... thing is i feel im playing better than i ever have lol... still making mistakes and i seem to be playing much tighter than i'd like but doesnt seem to have stopped me getting paid off, hands just cant seem to hold up for the life of them. looks like im gonna be at 50nl forever [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

side note: why does that 4th flush card come EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME ON STARS? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 09:17 AM

play more, ride it out.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-18-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
the simple solution to this is actually winning!
Old 09-18-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
the simple solution to this is actually winning!

[/ QUOTE ]

Or a nice rb deal if you are capable of running breakeven ... hehe
Old 09-18-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, it can't be that bad.
I tell you something, from noob to mod. From my very short 2+2 career I'd say that you made a couple awesome posts. Not good, awesome. Like the "Stop whining, your aces have to loose vs kings now and then, statistically, now get a grip and play poker" one for example. So, even if you really dislike poker, I take a wild guess and say you're probably rather good at it. And, for another shot in the dark, I assume that "nothing accomplished that day" is actually one of the negative examples while we know that you're able to make a few bucks at poker. So let me ask you, why quit now when you don't have a job and conclusively (if I'm not mistaken) no source of income?

Look, I don't have a job at the moment either and while I'm (more or less) working on it and would love a good job with variance-less income, I've done a few jobs that are (to me, personally) so disgusting, that I'm relieved to have poker as a small income to cover the few expenses I have at the moment. Seriously, if I had to chose between gardener and poker pro, I'd take the variance in a heartbeat, coupled with lower income, if I'd have to.

So, if I made more with poker since the last two months than I made with the part-time job I had until recently, and it would take you half an hour tops to take my roll at a heads up table, I'd take my third wild guess and say there's a chance you might be just burned out now and although I don't know your situation, maybe all you need is a little time-out. So, why not take a week off and then get their monies, tiger?

danny, that thing looks ugly. But hang on, you can do it!
And since I'm trying my best to give out free confidence-boosters, does it help if I say that my whole 5 months 10NL voyage didn't look much different?
Closed Thread