Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

[ QUOTE ]

if you are ready you are ready. Move up if you can redeposit. Just go in understanding that your risk of ruin is substantial.

If what I just told you will affect the way you playy at 25nl then definately do not move up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, yeah I was just teasing actually. I remember back when I started playing many years ago the general rule of thumb was 10 BI's. It's just interesting to think about how that has changed.

To be honest, it is all about having the ability/skill level to move up to the next level. So my personal plan for each level is the following:

1. Be able to beat the current level I am playing at to the tune of 5-10 PT BB/100.

2. Have 20BI for the next level.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gelford confuses me so much!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sup mate ?? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know what this means:

[ QUOTE ]
Well KimoWD, seems like parts of uNL live in a fantasy world, personally I blame Sklansky for this

But yeah, WTF ... uNL'ers acting as if they are pro's playing MSNL at least, I mean taking your family to a nice restaunt can easily burn more than a uNL roll ... get a grip for the love of God.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2007, 04:33 PM

I is just funny reading uNL'ers being so strict with their bankroll requirements, when often we are talking 100-200$ rolls, which is most likely less than they spend on a saturday night [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Personally I don't care what people do, as long as the accept the consequences ... instead of all the whinning [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2007, 04:34 PM

Correct
Old 09-15-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I is just funny reading uNL'ers being so strict with their bankroll requirements, when often we are talking 100-200$ rolls, which is most likely less than they spend on a saturday night [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Personally I don't care what people do, as long as the accept the consequences ... instead of all the whinning [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah i see

Yeah, fair point.

I say move up aggressively if your not playing scared then GG.

If you are, dont. 20BI is a varience baseline IMO, the other factors are personal.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it is definitely funny. I sometimes think about the time and effort that I put into getting my winrate up to some magic number...when in reality that magic number (5-10PT BB/100) is peanuts compared to real life wages and expenses. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2007, 04:44 PM

Since you guys are talking about the issue of moving up, I'm really curious now: anyone else actually moved up because he could not beat the stakes he played at?
Old 09-15-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you guys are talking about the issue of moving up, I'm really curious now: anyone else actually moved up because he could not beat the stakes he played at?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokey comes to mind [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have done this before and had the conversation with others as well. I believe that it is typically one's inability to adapt, use good table selection, and play with patience that causes this.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Some of us (me) don't have the means to redeposit if we buy a ticket on the busto train...
Closed Thread