Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2006, 06:57 AM

Default \"He who makes the money - makes the rules\"

America: Freedom To Fascism.

New film from Aaron Russo highlights the fact that the world is becoming controlled by the bankers that run the economies of the world - i.e. the people that own the Federal Reserve - the Bank Of England - pick your central bank..

Aaron interviewed here

I really hope this film makes it to release...

Should the central banks be shut down? - is the Federal Reserve a good thing??

Is it about time that US currency was actually backed with something like gold or whatever?
Old 06-14-2006, 07:27 AM

Default Re: \"He who makes the money - makes the rules\"

[ QUOTE ]
America: Freedom To Fascism.

New film from Aaron Russo highlights the fact that the world is becoming controlled by the bankers that run the economies of the world - i.e. the people that own the Federal Reserve - the Bank Of England - pick your central bank..

Aaron interviewed here

I really hope this film makes it to release...

Should the central banks be shut down? - is the Federal Reserve a good thing??

Is it about time that US currency was actually backed with something like gold or whatever?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe we should have listened to the majority of the founding fathers who over 200 years ago believed state run banks would lead to tyranny?
Old 06-14-2006, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
? - is the Federal Reserve a good thing??

[/ QUOTE ]
No

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes
Old 06-14-2006, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
? - is the Federal Reserve a good thing??

[/ QUOTE ]
No

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes

[/ QUOTE ]

0 for 2..not a great start.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
0 for 2..not a great start.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ok, people who don't understand economics can't be expected to count.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:57 PM

For people who believe the gold standard was responsible for the depression:

The presence of testosterone in males is what causes women to get raped. If testosterone production is artificially disabled, fewer women will get raped.

Does this justify mandatory testosterone inhibition?
Old 06-15-2006, 12:55 AM

I think that the fact that the FR is privately owned is what causes depressions. Do the board members who own the FR act in the interest of themselves and their shareholders - or in the interests of the economy of the nation?

I am no economics major - but as I see it if the central bank of any country simply prints more banknotes - then the quantity of money in circulation will increase - and the value of each individual note in circulation will decrease, either by fluctuations in the currency market or by inflation or both. - The more there is of something the less it is worth.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that the fact that the FR is privately owned is what causes depressions.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that has nothing to do with it. If the FR were directly owned by the government, you'd see the same problem: the government using it's own program to print more money for the programs that it wants.

The problem is that Americans are FORCED to use a currency that is easily expandable. If business transactions and taxes were allowed to take place in whatever currency people wanted, no one would invest in the US dollar. It's always depreciating. It will depreciate even more if it ceases being the required OPEC currency.

Depressions are caused by the business cycle. It's very simple. Don't put your money in insolvent banks. Problem solved.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think that the fact that the FR is privately owned is what causes depressions.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that has nothing to do with it. If the FR were directly owned by the government, you'd see the same problem: the government using it's own program to print more money for the programs that it wants.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if the FR was controlled by Congress and wasn't allowed to make profit - i.e. it ceases to be a bank and instead is responsible solely for controlling the amount of money in circulation.

Are depressions caused solely by inflation? - goods/services will always cost as much as the market will pay - so how can you get rid of inflation?

The Rothschilds seem to have done quite well investing in banks - they seem to have a finger in almost every central bank pie the world over in fact.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What if the FR was controlled by Congress and wasn't allowed to make profit - i.e. it ceases to be a bank and instead is responsible solely for controlling the amount of money in circulation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come ON, man.

Think about this logically. If the FR a government-run program, it will serve the needs of the government. You can say you want the FR to "not be allowed" to make any more money, but for something to "not be allowed" to do something, there has to be something stopping it. What would be stopping it in this case?

Congress. The very same thing that is controlling what it does.

If the state runs the Fed (similar to what we have now, except it's kind of the other way around), and Congress wants more money for a government program, and doesn't want to increase taxes and piss off the people, what is there to stop the Fed from simply printing more money? You cannot create a throne of power, give it limitations that only it can enforce over itself, and not expect it to do what it wants.

[ QUOTE ]
Are depressions caused solely by inflation? - goods/services will always cost as much as the market will pay - so how can you get rid of inflation?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're one of those other "libertarians," aren't you?