Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: $60k-$80k
0-20% 2 11.11%
20-40% 7 38.89%
40-60% 8 44.44%
60-80% 0 0%
80-100% 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 05:15 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/21) (spoilers to come) *DELETED*

I am glad to see that from here on out its 300/600/1200 at least. Now if we can just see some more 2400 straddles (even 600/1200 is only of marginal interest to me lol). Next season of HSP they should just start with 600/1200 w/ 200 ante.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:18 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/21) (spoilers to come)

[ QUOTE ]
I wanna know how Gold and Esfandiari can play in this game. Neither has the roll for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong
Old 10-23-2007, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am glad to see that from here on out its 300/600/1200 at least. Now if we can just see some more 2400 straddles (even 600/1200 is only of marginal interest to me lol). Next season of HSP they should just start with 600/1200 w/ 200 ante.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't they make it 6 handed, get out some of the empty seats and play 25/50 so the money matters less and they might play some more pots, get involved in proper hands rather than this farha/elezra spew vs a table of nits approach.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:26 AM

what happened w/the hand when gold had 88 and farha had i think two spades.

it seemed jamie, after thinking sammy had folded, turned up his cards. but farha hadn't folded. i didn't understand if farha was claiming he didn't see the cards but was trying to get his money back from the pot or?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are they wasting seats with Brandon Adams and Harman??

[/ QUOTE ]

oh and OMGifoldeveryhand(phil galfond) was any better?

Two weeks/episodes and he played 2 hands:

1.Folded QQ to Farha,after checking a harmless flop,and sammy raised the turn

2.Flopped top set with JJ....my grandmother could have played that hand

Geeeez I thought sbrugby/aba played tight.Its amazing that these HS internet pros's that play such an aggro game on-line, look like they have never touched a real deck of cards when they play live,as they truly look uncomfortable in their own skin?

I dont think they have to worry about not being invited back,(as Gabe and Helmuth constantly reffered to)...because they wont.

Gimme a break....you get a chance to play on HS poker,with probably 3-4hrs of edited hands each episode(so I dont want to hear he was card dead BS)...and thats it?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:40 AM

Gold is probably reasonably rolled for the 500K game after endorsements and whatever. Esfandiari I wouldn't have a clue.

fizresh: Farha was saying he hadn't seen Jamie's hand, and I think the offer he made was to take his own money back and let Jamie have the rest of the pot, in case Jamie was worried he'd seen the hand.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:09 AM

Episode up on pokertube (has been for about an hour)
Old 10-23-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Geeeez I thought sbrugby/aba played tight.Its amazing that these HS internet pros's that play such an aggro game on-line, look like they have never touched a real deck of cards when they play live,as they truly look uncomfortable in their own skin?

I dont think they have to worry about not being invited back,(as Gabe and Helmuth constantly reffered to)...because they wont.

Gimme a break....you get a chance to play on HS poker,with probably 3-4hrs of edited hands each episode(so I dont want to hear he was card dead BS)...and thats it?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was going to mention the bias also, but not so harsh, lol.

Jennifer is playing hands, Brandon isnt, but he has Sammy and Jamie to his immediate left. He really cant open much.

At least Phil only has to get by Eli (which is still hard)

What do you expect them to do? Put in 25K prelop with A8 like Daniel so no one can make fun of them. I mean, I probably would, but that wouldnt be smart
Old 10-23-2007, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wanna know how Gold and Esfandiari can play in this game. Neither has the roll for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, most players today advice of a 100 buy-in rule - thus one need $50MUSD to have the roll for it.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was going to mention the bias also, but not so harsh, lol.

Jennifer is playing hands, Brandon isnt, but he has Sammy and Jamie to his immediate left. He really cant open much.

At least Phil only has to get by Eli (which is still hard)

What do you expect them to do? Put in 25K prelop with A8 like Daniel so no one can make fun of them. I mean, I probably would, but that wouldnt be smart

[/ QUOTE ]

Harman has played about 5 hands in 4 seasons, Brandon Adams is constantly on camera just folding. Then wowo he 3bets KK and gets everyone to insta muck, what was the point?!
I'd much rather watch someone like Jman play (yes we've only seen him play two hands, but hes got to settle into the game/adjust etc) at least give him a chance.

Put up a table of internet players and i'm sure there would be better more thoughtful action than farha just raisy daisying it (though I do like seeing him do this against DN etc).

Ideal line up would look something like Aba, Antonius, Farha, DN, BB, DB (just to own them), Mike Baxter for his action (regardless of whether he played well at least he played), and Esfandiari. Playing 300/600/1200

Jamie Gold could serve drinks and non-greasy chowmein. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]