Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 03:59 AM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

In whatever fashion this is going to end, it's not going to end in 3 weeks... or 3 months. I think the big dramabomb has caused enough damaged and the coming days/weeks are all for AP cleaning up, and for the Canadian french guys doing research. Best skill in poker pops up once again: patience.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't an attack.. It has just been mentioned quite a few times.. why withhold any information, just seems silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. See jalexone's post under yours: "Scammers always need to find out what the mark knows so they can develop an alternative explanation."

Playing 'our' hand early would be crazy, I think Nat and Adanthar have been really prudent in their handling of all of this so far.

I just hope that Absolute aren't able to squirm out of all this with weasel words.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nat, if I am understanding correctly, are we even sure they are going to tell us more than they have now?

It seems like they have no intentions to release any details. In fact, it seems like if they continue releasing statements, and who knows if they will, they will continue to be broad and written in a manner which basically beats around the bush.

I dunno, if you are confident they will actually come forth and explain wtf happened, then def hold off and see if they lie again.

But to me it seems like they really have no intention to actually tell us [censored] and are going to just hope this stays quiet, pay back certain players, and maybe release some very vague and lawyer-ridden statements.

[/ QUOTE ]

As somebody pointed out 1304578845 posts ago, the truth is going to come out 10% at a time. Absolute has already made several admissions that virtually everyone would have thought impossible for them to make, back when this all started.

So everybody chill the F out for a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, have they?

They've basically admitted that someone cheated and said nothing more. It was 100% obvious someone cheated, and they had already tried to lie about it multiple times.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't an attack.. It has just been mentioned quite a few times.. why withhold any information, just seems silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if he releases everything he knows, then AP will be able to craft their story to fit what he says. If they don't know what he knows, then they'll be taking a big risk by not telling the truth, because they don't know what he knows.

This should be pretty obvious to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly right.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nat, if I am understanding correctly, are we even sure they are going to tell us more than they have now?

It seems like they have no intentions to release any details. In fact, it seems like if they continue releasing statements, and who knows if they will, they will continue to be broad and written in a manner which basically beats around the bush.

I dunno, if you are confident they will actually come forth and explain wtf happened, then def hold off and see if they lie again.

But to me it seems like they really have no intention to actually tell us [censored] and are going to just hope this stays quiet, pay back certain players, and maybe release some very vague and lawyer-ridden statements.

[/ QUOTE ]

As somebody pointed out 1304578845 posts ago, the truth is going to come out 10% at a time. Absolute has already made several admissions that virtually everyone would have thought impossible for them to make, back when this all started.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, have they?

They've basically admitted that someone cheated and said nothing more. It was 100% obvious someone cheated, and they had already tried to lie about it multiple times.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon, dude. Step back for a minute. A major online poker site has admitted that their security was compromised, and is apparently in the process of reimbursing those who were cheated. That's pretty huge.

Of course they had to be dragged there by the balls. Anyone surprised by that should step away from their computer and go spend some time in the real world. As should anyone who is surprised that enterprises of highly questionable legality, such as online poker, tend to attract shady people.

There is a long way to go here, and it will take time. Our heroes have made a huge, amazing effort so far, and need to get back to their real lives for a bit. So chill out, tell people you know the real story if they are interested, and as word spreads, Absolute will face continued pressure to follow through with their promises of more information and truly independent audits.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been told that details will be released. I expect it to take some time though, I don't think a release is coming on Monday or something...
Old 10-22-2007, 04:13 AM

ok, so basically- patience....
Old 10-22-2007, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, have they?

[/ QUOTE ]
You do know who was lying about it, right? The guy who was in charge put out all of those releases. Let's see how the new people handle it.

I don't think the latest statement was that bad. Here's the problem though... the people that are still in charge have some serious interests to protect. I do believe them that they're, essentially, being blackmailed by the guy who was primarily responsible for this. Do you think the people receiving income from AP and UB who reside in the US want some guy put in jail when he's threatening to release their "financial dirt" if that happens? Unfortunately not. I don't know what is going to come of the legal battle that is being fought behind the scenes, but the "naming names" aspect of those who are criminally responsible might not ever happen.

If you're so inclined, go ahead and contact whatever authorities you might wish to contact. I don't have any interest in fighting a legal battle to put anyone in jail right now, I have other things to worry about.

However, as was the original point of my post, new people are putting out these statements now. Give them a chance.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, so basically- patience....

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

There have been basically 2 working days since the major developments of the other day.

The real world simply doesn't move that fast.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:31 AM

N82,
Josem,
Adanthar,

plz to be focusing all ur efforts on gettings us players to be able to play on party.

u will be compensated.

thx.
Closed Thread