Default Re: Tony Mejia ranks the top 50 current NBA players

[ QUOTE ]
I think my list is better:

21. Jermaine O'Neal, Indiana:
22. Vince Carter, New Jersey:
23. Allen Iverson, Denver:
24. Deron Williams, Utah:

[/ QUOTE ]

I think just about every GM & coach in the league would take Deron over those three at this point in their respective careers (dependent on individual team needs, of course), but maybe I'm wrong.

Note about Boozer. One of his sons has sickle-cell, which can be aggravated by high altitude, so his family does not come to SLC during the season. I think he also moved his off-season home from L.A. to Miami due to concerns about air quality (among other reasons). SLC also has horrible air-quality, esp. in the winter.

By the time his contract is up, Shaq should be about done with the Heat, so that likely will be that for Boozer & the Jazz. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Thank God for Millsap, at least.

As for where Boozer ranks, agreed he needs to match/exceed last year to merit higher than 15 or so, although he had a very good Wages of Wins number (or whatever it's called) last season (as did Millsap, amongst rookies at least).
Old 10-06-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wages of Wins number

[/ QUOTE ]

Fail. Seriously. And Boozer is precisely the sort of player WoW will overrate. (In short, the problem with the system is in the way in assigns credit to individual players. It does so in such a way as to massively overrate high percentage shooting interior players and against perimeter players. Also, Berri's every defense of the system shows that he has zero understanding of basketball, and how it is a very different beast than baseball, at least in terms of the usefulness of statistical analysis. One would think that a statistician would at least acknowledge the concept of independent trials, or the lack thereof...)
Old 10-06-2007, 06:58 PM

Hey, I did say Boozer shouldn't be any higher than 15 at best. Obviously WoW is an igniter around here... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]