Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 12:33 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: Headphones!!!

daryn,

the source means more than the headphones, so crappy mp3s make for crappy sound. think of it as a chain where if any one part sucks, it all sucks, it trickles down from:

[censored] mp3
[censored] sound card
[censored] amplification
[censored] headphones

in that order. anything before the headphones sucking means what the headphone gets will sound worse.

jablue,

I am a big stereo speaker fan. In fact, downstairs i have a Marantz 1060b setup that could knock down my whole condo complex(ive never set it above 40% and the neighbors came over and complained the one time i got to 40) and i use KEF C40 loudspeakers imported from the UK. I love 2 channel stereo, at the same time, i think small, 5 channel systems are kinda weak. Speakers should be giant and heavy, as the magnets inside are what produce the power, so i dunno, im just not into surround sound stuff.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:55 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
One thing to keep in mind about the K701 is that it really needs a quality amplifier to sound it's best. To be honest every headphone I've heard benefits from quality amplification, but higher impedence phones particularly dependant on the amp. If you're just going to be using a standard headphone out you might find something like the Sennheiser HD-595 to be more to your liking.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 04-11-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Best headphones for jogging?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use these.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:00 AM

I only have the surround set up because I use it for movies too and having surround sound on movies is pretty sweet.

I don't want huge speakers because they're obtrusive and I don't need them to be super loud. My ears are already damaged at the tender age of 18 and I hear ringing a lot of times I shouldn't.
With that in mind, could you try answering

a) And what would you say is the optimal price range for speakers? That is, the price range where you are getting the most per dollar?

b) What is the minimum you would advise someone to spend who wants a great sound system that will last a while?
Old 04-11-2007, 01:10 AM

For walking around school/jogging I use the AKG K 26 P.. They're okay, pretty cheap and small, easy to fold.. They've been lugged around in my bag a lot without using the carrying bag and haven't broke.. The sound quality is average, I don't have anything to compare it to, but for the price I can't complain. I was looking at these and the Sennheiser PX100's.. they both had great reviews so I just picked what look I liked more.

http://www.lentorg.ru/images/goods/0...g_k_26_p_2.jpg
Old 04-11-2007, 01:30 AM

JaBlue,

If you are serious about this topic, and willing to spend the time, pore through the avsforum info on surround sound, home theatre, speakers, etc. Tons of great info there for all price ranges.

- TWP
Old 04-11-2007, 03:15 AM

I am very happy with my Etymotic ER-4Ps except for some irritation issues from the flanged buds. The sound quality is excellent.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:51 AM

I have the sennheiser HD 280 pro. Allot of gamers use this headset and the quality is very good. And it isnt that expensive, check it out yo.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Best headphones for jogging?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use these.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have those, and 1 one side is much longer than the other one. I thought it was a defect, until I saw a random other pair that was the same way. what's up with that?
Old 04-11-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would get the shure e500(new headphone, ridiculously awesome and expensive)

[/ QUOTE ]

I just ordered these a couple of days ago on eBay. I'm very excited!