Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you add to your tip after your co-victor out-tipped you?
Yes 2 4.08%
No 47 95.92%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: August**

Well I asked the why is that question, cos somehow it feels like very few seem to be asking it.

My guess is that the average uNL sucks at adapting. You grown up in the micro's with retards that

1. Pay off with garbage and
2. Suck at charging you when they have a hand

Those player never cease to exist at any level, but they decrease severely in numbers.

So suddenly you actually have to play poker. There are two things that have to happen.

1. You have to adjust to new ranges, a bet is no longer the nuts but contains a greater amount of air, so suddenly the number of hands that you are willing to see a showdown with is greater (tho, some hands want to fire all barrels while others are marginal, so while they are SD bound, they dance and potcontrol and similar stuff)

2. Since people suddenly aren't really paying off with garbage, you might have to change your game fundamentally.
Unfortunaly I have read PNL (should receive it tomorrow), but there has been a lot of talk about planning around commitment, which is all good. But when you are at a nitty table, planning around commitment (or in regular english, expecting to get paid off) goes out the window, and you might just have to plan around stealing.

(and then comes

3. If you start planning around stealing, the increased heat you put on villians might just force them to open their ranges, which in turn suddenly allows you to return to planing around commitment

All the while

4. You of course keep track of who is who and play with different ranges against each villian at the table)

But if you are used to nine tabling 50NL, the above might not come naturally [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2007, 05:17 PM

But my point was merely, to remind people to ask themselves why they are losing.

Btw. I don't play FTP, but the aggression is retarded at other sites too ... still once you get used to it, you don't even notice it after a while.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So all of you that lose at 100NL, why is that ??

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it just happens sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep ... It sure does .... but hail to variance, if it wasn't for weak players going on sick heaters, the games would quickly die [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is there much a diff between 2 and 4 tabling? thinkin of switching to 4 tabling...get more hands in, wouldnt get bored as easily 2 tabling 10NL, could only help, or would it?

[/ QUOTE ]

more tables is only bad if you tilt bad---- ie it can make your downswings in the shortrun much worse---- I think most people are capable of playing 6 tables before their winrates start suffering, especially with the new software at tilt and stars that allows you to resize tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

die. no sooner thaty i start 4 tabling i start running HORRIBLE. flush over fl ush and i cant [censored] fold cause of the SF draw and i [censored] pot commit myself when its so [censored] obvious my BB flush isnt any good but i cant just call else some random heart gonna come.

losing ocinflip after ocinmflips (obviously with the pair), honest to god only being played back at when i dont have a hand and hwne i dont have a hand not a single fuicking c-bet works.

god i hate running bad at micros, then [censored] get valuetowned from complete retards who keep [censored] hitting and running and i just [censored] folded my free BB on purpose i was so annoyed go dim on tilt and [censored] you if you tell me im being annoying
Old 08-09-2007, 05:19 PM

then the worst [censored] card hitsd every [censored] time i get a decent hand
Old 08-09-2007, 05:20 PM

down half buyin on 3/4 tbl after not even 30 min cause theyre so awfukl
Old 08-09-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

die. no sooner thaty i start 4 tabling i start running HORRIBLE. flush over fl ush and i cant [censored] fold cause of the SF draw and i [censored] pot commit myself when its so [censored] obvious my BB flush isnt any good but i cant just call else some random heart gonna come.

losing ocinflip after ocinmflips (obviously with the pair), honest to god only being played back at when i dont have a hand and hwne i dont have a hand not a single fuicking c-bet works.

god i hate running bad at micros, then [censored] get valuetowned from complete retards who keep [censored] hitting and running and i just [censored] folded my free BB on purpose i was so annoyed go dim on tilt and [censored] you if you tell me im being annoying

[/ QUOTE ]

Pants .... I don't really know you, tho I seem to have noticed some having you on ignore.

But dude, stop sucking .... as long as you don't have the sample and winrate that says otherwise, you are just as retarded as everybody else.

Now put in the hours and stop complaining, if there is the least bit of decency in you ..... else move up and go pester SSNL ..... this is The Dungeon and there is really no room for morons being full of themselves [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2007, 05:28 PM

i had to quit. AK < 78 on A34r flop (first time i hit with AK in like 5 attempts), all in on the flop. DIE STARS, and [censored] 4 tabling

and gelford, nobody fuckign asked you to come from whatever forum you did and start insulting everyone cause they dont play as high as you
Old 08-09-2007, 05:32 PM

Dude, this is my forum, I just haven't posted for a while (period).

And it has nothing to do with playing high or low. Play good poker, embrace variance and pwn in the long run.

Instead of whining like a spoiled little kid and calling everybody at the table retard, just because somebody stole your candy.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:35 PM

i dont see your name on it. you cant claim something is yours if it isnt actually yours.

must be easy for you though, since you obviously run like god all the time.

and its hard to "pwn" in the long run when the long run = run bad
Closed Thread