Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2006, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Average Speed IV Game Thread!

[ QUOTE ]
i just don't understand the play by xorbie as a wolf. when he came out as seer, xorbie and pudley both had three votes and other suspects like wdcbooks were percolating. it was far from a lock xorbie was going to be lynched, and by coming out as fake seer he was taking a huge risk of being lynched once a real seer came out (which had to be expected by a wolf). we know xorbie likes to stay alive, i don't know why he'd suicide like this as a wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing you seem to be forgetting here is that we will have no idea which seer is real. If xorbie comes out as seer and someone else does that's a good outcome for the wolves because they will have somewhat forced the seers hand. We will have to vote for one of them I suppose but it may not be clear which and we would have to go by whichever gives the more plausible story.

If xorbie and pudley are both wolves, which I'm leaning toward now, then xorbie coming out is a natural move as it shifts attention away from himself and adds a lot of confusion. I think the big lesson in the redux game is that even in the long games a load of confusion can severely hurt the villagers chances.

I think we go xorbie today and either wdcbooks or pudley tomorrow. I would heavily lean toward pudley.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:25 PM

BTW if ManU were to sell Ruud van Nistleroy, how much do you guys think they could get?

I would guess 10-15 million pounds or so but I haven't followed the premiership very closely the last couple years.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:27 PM

I vote wdcbooks.

Reasons explained above in my post. I think he's a slightly better option than xorbie right now.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
le sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Xorbie, as strange as it sounds coming from me, I am beginning to think it is possible that you are a villager. Assuming you are, you must understand why we have to vote you out?

[/ QUOTE ]

not really? half the people voting for me are confirmed villagers, i suspect a lot of the others are wolves. are you comfortable "understanding" why we have to vote you off tomorrow, just like you "understood" why we had to vote you off yesterday (which never happened)?

look i can vote by proxy with tokyo too and then not actually vote by proxy and get a villager lynched.

personally i think a lynch of pudley or you today gives more "information" than killing me, which, trust me, still leaves the village completely [censored] if it does turn out that you and everyone else voting me are all villagers.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW if ManU were to sell Ruud van Nistleroy, how much do you guys think they could get?

I would guess 10-15 million pounds or so but I haven't followed the premiership very closely the last couple years.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I vote wdcbooks.

Reasons explained above in my post. I think he's a slightly better option than xorbie right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going out to dinner and a movie. I will not be back before midnight. My vote stays on Xorbie of course.

Should I be lynched I am certain Durron is a wolf. Jared, Alex and Iron Yuppie are three other likely candidates.

Oh, and at this point I think it is safe to say that our seer sucks, and sucks badly. So much could be cleared up if they would just come out.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, sorry. That was supposed to go to sports. Multitabling 2+2 can be hazardous.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
le sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Xorbie, as strange as it sounds coming from me, I am beginning to think it is possible that you are a villager. Assuming you are, you must understand why we have to vote you out?

[/ QUOTE ]

not really? half the people voting for me are confirmed villagers, i suspect a lot of the others are wolves. are you comfortable "understanding" why we have to vote you off tomorrow, just like you "understood" why we had to vote you off yesterday (which never happened)?

look i can vote by proxy with tokyo too and then not actually vote by proxy and get a villager lynched.

personally i think a lynch of pudley or you today gives more "information" than killing me, which, trust me, still leaves the village completely [censored] if it does turn out that you and everyone else voting me are all villagers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh please, if you are a villager and pulled this move you can hardly pretend to be shocked when you are voted off.

jared,

i already explained why it was unlikely another seer would come out. if i had named a wolf, i would totally agree with you guys. but by naming all villagers, i recused myself from controlling the vote in any fashion and you'll notice the people i wanted lynched (wdcbooks, you) ended up getting away. if i was a wolf, like i said before, i would just name a villager as a wolf today, because i'm obviously being lynched anyway. i'm doing things this way so that you guys can have a chance of voting off a wolf, but no.

everybody,

please vote wdcbooks. thanks.