Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should OP go to the felt here?
Yes 7 53.85%
No 6 46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: AS-XII GAME THREAD

[ QUOTE ]
Soah sounds good. He seems like the best canidate ATM. If anyone thinks another wagon's a good idea, I'll be on most of the afternoon/night to hear it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This = first WTF post by Jack.

As a villager,we HAVE to be talking about why we are doing things to help our fellow villagers make the most informed decisions possible. Saying "Soah is the best one today" after mentioning him all of ZERO times day 1 is really bad/convenient.

[ QUOTE ]
You have 6 people in your wolf list Matrix. Which ones are your top four.

Here's my list ATM (ranked).

Villagery
----------
Me
Luckay (This is classic "I'm insane!!!1! Luckay", see Heroes)
Neil
Dustin
SL

Meh
---
Boiler
DMK
Seigmund

Wolfesque
-------
FMXDA (This is the same style he played in Heroes)
Soah
SH3.0
Nez
Books
Bojtun
Books

I'm also changing my vote to unvote. I have to reread the Soah-SL trainwreck today to make up my mind, and the fact my #1 suspect is on Soah's wagon discomforts me.

I'll be on most of the night, def during the last hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Notice FMXDA, and where he is. On day 1 he says FMXDA has been UTR like in heroes where he was a wolf. Well, FMXDA was NOT UTR in this game, and has 42 posts in the game, albeit only 10 on day 1. But it's just a LAZY reason to have him on the list. Just convenient, bad, "I'm making a list with no way to back them up" type of post.

Wow, I forgot about this post, maybe they are wolves together.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shortline & Others:
Look at the end of day1 very carefully. Look at soah's posts. Do you seirously think soah makes those last posts as a wolf day1?

The answer, I submit, is no.
Also, fmxda is a villager for several reasons. One is for his method of wolf hunting. Two is for his pesturing those who have voted him to explain why (if he's a wolf, why is he doing this?) Three is for breaking down Neil's posts (why do this as a wolf?)

It's time to lynch someone we have no read on, ala Siegmund. Gogo!

[/ QUOTE ]

Soah's either a wolf or just very aggro. I'm in the middle right now.

Why wouldn't FMXDA pesture those after him? Either they stick to their guns or they crack and go after someone else. Yes, I'd think he'd breakdown Neil's post as a wolf, Neil is 3rd in votes right now, if someone on him/Soah switch, Neil's in the lead/tied for it. The post count post of his has no substance.

Siegmund is a bad vote right now, has he even posted today?

[/ QUOTE ]

Siegmund actually did post (albeit just once up to that time) but why would Jack know this? Why is he wary of it? What basis would he have for calling his vote bad? Why is it wolfy for FMXDA to be UTR and not Siegmund? Again, just posting without real basis for it.

And he REALLY sticks to his guns on a really mediocre FMXDA read and tries to pound it in the ground.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't FMXDA pesture those after him? Either they stick to their guns or they crack and go after someone else. Yes, I'd think he'd breakdown Neil's post as a wolf, Neil is 3rd in votes right now, if someone on him/Soah switch, Neil's in the lead/tied for it. The post count post of his has no substance.

[/ QUOTE ]
How did you write so much without actually saying anything?

So, why'd you vote me day one?

[/ QUOTE ]

You were playing d1 just like Heroes d1. Wolf then, wolf now.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Jack is wolf, it all but clears FMXDA IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think matrix and jack bando and siegmund need to post a lot more very soon about a lot of people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've already given my list of people I thought were villagery/wolfy. Who would you like me to expand on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, well, how about all of them? As you have mentioned like zero of the people on your list.

And then, the final, condemning post....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think matrix and jack bando and siegmund need to post a lot more very soon about a lot of people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've already given my list of people I thought were villagery/wolfy. Who would you like me to expand on?

[/ QUOTE ]
the current biggest wagons besides fmxda. it's pretty clear where most people stand on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

The biggest beside fmxda IIRC are Soah, SH3.0 and Neil

Soah-He's been very "Me v SL" last night and most of today. And of the four possible combos this could be, I'm leaning double villager at the moment. He just seems too aggro about this to be a wolf, plus since my #1 suspect is voting for him and it could get Soah lynched, I have to think about Soah not being a wolf more carefully.

Sh3.0 I suspect is prob wolf, but I haev no real opinion on it. He went after Nez and Soah last night IIRC, and I just don't see Nez as a wolf right now, so I haev to lean on SH3.0 as poss wolf.

Neil I don't see as a wolf right now. His post about how the villagers should act are very similar to the ones he amde as a vanillager in Heroes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops. So Nez went from wolfesque to not wolfy during a time in which I posted, well.... Zero times. Intriguing. Also, "I think SH is a wolf but I don't have an opinion?" Ok?

After making these two posts, let's just do Jack Bando today. I see pretty much 0% chance of him being a villager.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:51 PM

I'm not voting to lynch Jack today.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you go and look at his posts from Heroes the case is even stronger.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:58 PM

Nez good stuff:

villagery points ++1

I'm still hearing precisely nobody telling me why Neil is a bad lynch.

I would be happy with a boiler lynch a Bando lynch a Neil lynch - or where my vote is right now fmxda's doorstep.

Luckay - your spreadsheet of doom lists Neil as much villagery - what say you on Neil?
Old 03-31-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you go and look at his posts from Heroes the case is even stronger.

[/ QUOTE ]

My style is different fomr Heroes, because I learned from Heroes. IIRC Day 1-2 I tried not to get in the way and day 4 I became more active trying to get fmxda (wolf) lynched. By day 6/7 I wnet overboard and became to aggro, which got me lynched and cost the village the game. So I'm not trying ot be that aggro anymore.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine,

Neil
Old 03-31-2007, 05:10 PM

Good stuff Nez, now we'll be expecting this every time you're a villager [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Let me explain this: [ QUOTE ]
Soah is obviously an unpopular person to try and get lynched early on. Neil tried to give himself cover for it, but it's not working.

More as I reread.

[/ QUOTE ]
dmk has his metagame/experience where he can say "X is a good lynch" and won't be called out on it. Latching onto someone else's reads, flirting with a dark horse suspect--that is dmk's game.

On the other hand, if I see Neil give no evidence for his vote, and just slap the vote on the end of an offtopic post, yes alarm bells ring.

I might add that this is the same gripe I had about my bandwagon day one. I LOL at ScottHoward driving my lynchwagon because day one needs to be "cleared up." Not true and simply manipulation.

Dustin gets villager points for realizing Jack Bando's hypocrisy.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nez good stuff:

villagery points ++1

I'm still hearing precisely nobody telling me why Neil is a bad lynch.

I would be happy with a boiler lynch a Bando lynch a Neil lynch - or where my vote is right now fmxda's doorstep.

Luckay - your spreadsheet of doom lists Neil as much villagery - what say you on Neil?

[/ QUOTE ]

Matrix,

We have to lynch these two before FMXDA. He gets cleared if Jack is wolf, I'm like 99% sure of it.

But Neil just has sucked this game and doesn't care about anyone's analysus except his own, so we might as well get rid of him because he's just wrong and unhelpful.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:13 PM

A few quick responses to Nez's posts.

First off, Nez, thank you for actually reading and thinking about the posts and giving reasons for your views. Lot more helpful to the village than a list of reads with no reasons or just a vote with no reason.

The Luckay/matrix exchange: maybe it was just bantering. It just happened to be one of the few things that stuck out to me on day 1 as something other than a shot in the dark. matrix's subsequent posts have given me people to think about seriously, even if I am still thinking about him too. Luckay's subsequent posts... a diagnosis of schizophrenia maybe. I can't read him OR make sense of him, but I'll worry about that tomorrow.

[ QUOTE ]
I am always wary of people that just latch on to others ideas/thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your suspicion. Do bear in mind that my first view of the thread usually comes about six hours into the day (10AM Alaska time), so I'll rarely be the first one to comment on the early-morning activity.

Next, a comment about wording. You've characterized my "either 0 or 1 of A and B is a wolf" as "trying too hard to sound intelligent without really feeling strongly about his opinion." In your own posts you use the phrasing "If Jack is wolf, it all but clears FMXDA IMO." My past life as a mathematician is showing through. "Either 0 or 1 of A and B is a wolf" translates to "if A is a wolf, that clears B; and if B is a wolf, that clears A" (but if either one is a villager, we still don't know what the other one is.) I'm sorry if I wasn't coming across clearly. I was putting two real live opinions into one sentence.

Lastly, you said I made an "'I GUESS I'll help lynch the villager if I HAVE to' post." I seem to remember making an "I am refusing to lynch someone I think is a villager" post, but I've already gotten an earful today about how defending another villager gets me labeled as a wolf, so I'll drop that for now.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But Neil just has sucked this game and doesn't care about anyone's analysus except his own, so we might as well get rid of him because he's just wrong and unhelpful.

[/ QUOTE ]That's at least twice now you've given a reason for lynching me that implied I'm actually a villager. It's because you know I'm a villager because FCBL PMd you the wolf list at the start of the game, huh?