Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2006, 03:58 PM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

Is cryptologic support envisaged?
Old 10-12-2006, 04:32 PM

1000-5000 players - How useful did you find this, there isnt too many tables to choose from anyway? Do you use it on 2+ sites at once?
Old 10-12-2006, 06:03 PM

Have you guys decided what you will do about US players? Right now, I play exclusively on Party, and after they close us off, if I decide to continue playing, it will be at Stars, which would render my subscription useless.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i love the program but the support is shoddy

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm beginning to think that this is the understatement of the year.

see the date on my post, the one right above yours.

absolutely nada response from ben or dan for 5 days now.

have also posted for 3 strait days on their forum, (you know, the ghost-town with the tumbleweeds blowing down the streets.)

absolutely zippo response there as well.

glad i spent over $300 on this.

party goes bye-bye, ss announces "intentions" to expand the sites they'll cover, and in the interim, ive been unable to use the damn thing correctly for about a week, and repeated attempts to ask for support through the correct channels, (whatever those may be,) fall on deaf, or non-exixtent ears.

i'll be holding my breath for their expanded coverage of sites. their ability to service the existing program, and their customers, gives me great expectations in that regard.

color me another satisfied customer.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I paid for one month and then when it expired paid for one more month. I wasn't sure this was going to pan out so I took the safe approach.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
right on, guess i'm not alone. two days into my subscript and i can't use the program ^_-

[/ QUOTE ]

I found and replied to your email. Now that Ben has returned, I am sure we'll be able to solve your issue very quickly.

Once again, I'm sorry for the delay. You can expect to see much better support from our end in the days to come.

-Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like this thing is WAY to dependant on Ben.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:13 PM

There are a few things you can do to minimize the performance impact if you're technically proficient.

One thing that is not that difficult is to lower the priority of PTagg.exe by using Windows taskmanager. If you want to go a little further you can also lower the priority of the postgres.exe task that is doing the database work for the PTagg program. To do the latter, the only method I know is to download a program called Process Explorer by Sysinternals (www.sysinternals.com). Then run only PTagg, open Process Explorer and find the postgres.exe task that is using the CPU, right click on it and lower the priority. These steps should reduce the impact running PTagg has on any other processing your doing simultaneously.

G'luck all,
LVGamb00ler
Old 10-12-2006, 08:59 PM

Any chance of a refund if we paid for a quarter or year in advance? Party is now shutdown and you have made no plans to support PokerStars--which is where it would be the most useful. FT only has 6-8 3/6NL tables running anyway and it is very easy to see which ones are good/bad.

The software was so effective on Party becaue there were 30-40 tables running and this helped to efficiently choose them.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is Dan - I am very sorry for the delay. Due to Ben being absent until just yesterday, and a miscommunication between Ben and myself (mostly my fault), your problems have been overlooked.

Ben is the one who takes care of paypal transactions,...

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm, i didnt ever have a paypal problem

[ QUOTE ]
and since he is back now, he will be able to take care of your problem. I am sure he has read the message, and will make sure we take care of it immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont bet on it...another day passed and that hasnt happened.

[ QUOTE ]
As for expanding to new sites. This was another thing that required Ben's expertise, and now that he is back we are making our plans. We are ready and waiting to expand to more sites, but are waiting until after this weekend to decide where to go first. Things are still chaotic, and after this coming weekend, we'll know who will still be catering to US players, and which sites would probably get the most traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, that would be the one that youre NOT going to support.

[ QUOTE ]
Now that we are both here and available, you will see a much better side of Sixth Sense support. (which our older members probably remember was pretty darned good)

[/ QUOTE ]

well, condsidering that i have been a paying customer since day one, i guess ill have to defer to those who signed up earlier in the first day than i did to verify that.

[ QUOTE ]
I'll make sure Ben sees your issue, and i'm sure we'll be able to come up with a solution. And before he sees it, if you could give any more information related to your client and how the error occurs, I'm sure it would help him diagnose the problem. Include - Site and limits scanned, approximate size of database, whether or not you're using PTAgg,...

[/ QUOTE ]

the topic of my post was "aggregator no longer working." i believe that there is a clue in there answering this question.

[ QUOTE ]
...SQL or Access database, and any other information you can think of (custom programs or tweaks to your computer that could have effected this)

[/ QUOTE ]

also, considering that the program had been working up until now, i will provide you with whatever you may need to know, IF AND WHEN I ACTUALLY HEAR BACK from someone in the act of troubleshooting the problem with your software.

[ QUOTE ]
Once again, I'm very sorry for the lack of support and attention from our end. Expect to see a big improvement immediately.-Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

well, so far absolutely no difference, other than these platitudes.

guys, im not trying to be mean.

the program that ben has developed is/was a very powerful tool, especially as regards a BIG site.

but a few things that should be noted:

the cost of this program, as compared to, for example, pokertracker, (without which this program does not work,) and for which i paid $30 for back in the day, is very high, but maybe fair enough for the potential your program had/(and maybe will have again.)

but when im paying OVER 10 TIMES THE PRICE OF PT, AND ANUALLY, *not a one time fee,* then it shouldnt be out of line to expect some degree of professionalism as regards support and service.

ben went to china. good for ben. in the interim, the last 1/3 of a month that party will be available for me to play there, and the site that i bought this program to use on, has been unavailable as regards your program being able to function properly/optimally for me.

now sometime after party ceases to exist for me, we'll get this baby up and running and working right.

great. whoop dee do.

i'll love the functionality being restored to full capacity so that i can check out all the myriad possible tables at my nl stakes on absolute.

or full tilt. whatever.

but NOT stars.

i hope that we can get resolution to my problem. and that there is enough benefit left using the program for the next year to warrant $350 annually for it.

heres hoping that ben's next vacation doesnt coincide with someone else's problem.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have made no plans to support PokerStars--which is where it would be the most useful

[/ QUOTE ]

Sixth Sense is banned by stars.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:50 AM

yeah my paypal issue has yet to be resolved