6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

SB: $427.20
BB: $77.00
UTG: $143.20
MP: $217.15
CO: $201.00
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $0.00</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
BB folds, UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, SB raises to $6.00, Hero calls $4.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($12) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB bets $8.00, Hero calls $8.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($28) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB bets $20.00, Hero calls $20.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($68) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB bets $42.00, Hero raises all-in to $178.80, SB folds
Uncalled bet of $136.80 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $152.00 ($3 Rake)
Old 05-19-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: What now?

Me and some of my friends were all 12-tabling at least nl2 6max to the 10b hand (like many of you also).
Well, besides the fact that it's obv that many many ppl would do that, I know because I actually have 500+ hand on like 1/2 of my nl2 opponents in pt.

From the 10b hand HH:

inwooke: folds
XTedForrestX: folds

XTedForrestX said, "can we chop?"
XTedForrestX said, "please"
XTedForrestX said, "can't we chop, and leave a certain amoutn to winner?"
XTedForrestX said, "not 100k"
XTedForrestX said, "i seriously have AKs, but don't think it's worth to risk it"

So one of them was actually paying a lot of attention to the hand. It's SO SO SO STUPID it hurts.

I'm friends with the guy that won the 5b hand (he's from my city and we play live poker here and in a Cassino in Uruguay), and at that ocasion 1 or 2 guys folded also. What's on those ppls heads??! gotta save 3 bucks? There's a 100k (they actually put 16.6k each as antes in the pot) ante in the pot, and fold?!?!

PS.: Little ps support humor:

Seat 6: justine0003 (big blind) showed [3c 8c] and won ($3.13) with a flush, Ace high

MktgScottY [support] said, "Kinda loose call justine."
Old 05-19-2007, 07:44 PM

can someone link me to some good discussion on why playing a TAG style we want to 4bet shove AK pf

to me it seems 4bet shoving AK is more about our table image than opponent's range, as our image will greatly influence their calling range.

i guess it's something to do with balancing our play?
Old 05-19-2007, 07:48 PM

so i've been thinking about doing some 1on1 poker coaching
lp.net is trying to set up a system and im going to apply as a coach and charge like $20 an hour
it'll be loads of fun
Old 05-19-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can someone link me to some good discussion on why playing a TAG style we want to 4bet shove AK pf

to me it seems 4bet shoving AK is more about our table image than opponent's range, as our image will greatly influence their calling range.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if there's much discussion. IMHO it has more to do with their 3bet range. If someone is 3betting you a lot and they have position you have to raise back some. AK is one of the best hands against their shove calling range, assuming they call with AKs and QQ. Part of the reason is that by having an AK you block AA and KK. If you only shove KK+ your range is too small which is bad for shania and also just bad for your frequencies in general.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if there's much discussion. IMHO it has more to do with their 3bet range. If someone is 3betting you a lot and they have position you have to raise back some. AK is one of the best hands against their shove calling range, assuming they call with AKs and QQ. Part of the reason is that by having an AK you block AA and KK. If you only shove KK+ your range is too small which is bad for shania and also just bad for your frequencies in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

so it's really just we want to 4bet but that's alot of stack so we just shove ?

i have a lot easier time shoving oop than i do in pos
Old 05-19-2007, 08:02 PM

i always felt calling a 3bet with AK is superior to 4betting if you're in position, while the opposite is true oop.

taking a flop with AK isn't that bad of a thing
Old 05-19-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i always felt calling a 3bet with AK is superior to 4betting if you're in position, while the opposite is true oop.

[/ QUOTE ]

we lose all our value from QQ, and we can get pushed off very easily on rag flops which is going to happen most of the time, assuming vill is going to cbet.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an ongoing discussion in MSNL now. No idea how good it is.

Lucky
Old 05-19-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we lose all our value from QQ, and we can get pushed off very easily on rag flops which is going to happen most of the time, assuming vill is going to cbet.

[/ QUOTE ]

what value? you're flipping with QQ
Closed Thread