Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October

i've played a bit 10nl 6 max instead of full ring in the last couple of days and have one question: is anyone able to beat this level? the plays i see are ridiculous.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i've played a bit 10nl 6 max instead of full ring in the last couple of days and have one question: is anyone able to beat this level? the plays i see are ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you need to move up to where they respect your raises!
Old 10-08-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

move up to where they respect your raises!
Old 10-08-2007, 04:51 PM

sounds like a good plan imo

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $5.80
SB: $5.75
Hero (BB): $10
UTG: $11.40
CO: $26.05

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.30</font>, CO calls $0.30, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.50</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $6.20, BTN calls $3.80 and is All-In

Flop: ($19.15) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.50 and is All-In</font>, CO calls $3.50

Turn: ($26.15) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players - 2 are All-In)

River: ($26.15) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players - 2 are All-In)

Results: $26.15 Pot ($1.25 Rake)
BTN showed 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Nines) and WON $16.90 (+$11.10 NET)
Hero showed K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings) and WON $8 (-$2 NET)
CO mucked Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and LOST (-$10 NET)
Old 10-08-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how inconsistent this argument is.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:52 PM

I have a question on table selection. I think it could have its own thread, but it seems like this is the place for it. Here we go.

When looking at table selection, what are some of the factors that people look for?

I play 25nl, after just moving up from 10nl. I have this huge list of 3 people that I have found to be good over the 15k hands or so that I have once I decided to get back into poker. I try not to play with them, even though I have only seen them a few times. When I look at tables to play, most of the time I just try to find a table where more than one person has over a full buyin, and try to sit on their left.

Does anyone else think that this is the way to go? In another thread in unl, I read that many folks want to find a table with a bunch of short stacks, and let them donk it off to them and reload. I see the merit of this, and am wondering if anyone has even thought about which line might be better.

Then again, I think that if you are a winning player, almost every unl table is profitable. Does this change at 50nl?
Old 10-08-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bevil,
Be sure to remove any sharp objects from Kaz's room before the NLCS starts. He's a young man with a bright future and I don't want him to do anything stupid...

[/ QUOTE ]

lololol Im gona make sure there are plenty of sharp objects in the room b/c i dunno about the bright future anymore for kaz after that abstract algebra exam haha. soo happy im not takin that class, ppl in there w/ 4.0's makin like 10% on the exam lolol.

oh yea, AC sounds fun im down HOLLA!!
Old 10-08-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

100% beatable
Old 10-08-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i know they're supposed go broke by coldcalling ridiculous amounts with t2o but it appears to work for them [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

maybe 80/10 is the new 30/23?
Old 10-08-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i know they're supposed go broke by coldcalling ridiculous amounts with t2o but it appears to work for them [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

maybe 80/10 is the new 30/23?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't tell jerry1914 or whatever his name is.
Closed Thread