a lot 6 85.71%
a little 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: SSNL POKER [cheese] thread SEPT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw everyone could get some good advice from the thread in MSNL at the moment about improving mental fortitude. Today I didnt look at my account balance once while I played, which allowed me to keep playing consistently - I was actually suprised to be up $500 on the session despite having that disaster table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a problem with checking constantly to see how I'm doing. I really need to stop that. Would love to emulate one guy who said he only checks once a week, doesn't even look after individual sessions.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol could have been me haha. Sometimes i go to cheese thread steaming how bad I run, to check after couple of days I actually came out of that session in the +.

Checking constantly is really really bad. i used to do this, and it starts influencing your decisions at the table. stuff like, 'no if i call this bet and lose im not up 3bi anymore' would crawl into head.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:54 PM

Somehow, something's gotta change for me. I wouldn't mind playing bad and running like a God again. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw everyone could get some good advice from the thread in MSNL at the moment about improving mental fortitude. Today I didnt look at my account balance once while I played, which allowed me to keep playing consistently - I was actually suprised to be up $500 on the session despite having that disaster table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a problem with checking constantly to see how I'm doing. I really need to stop that. Would love to emulate one guy who said he only checks once a week, doesn't even look after individual sessions.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol could have been me haha. Sometimes i go to cheese thread steaming how bad I run, to check after couple of days I actually came out of that session in the +.

Checking constantly is really really bad. i used to do this, and it starts influencing your decisions at the table. stuff like, 'no if i call this bet and lose im not up 3bi anymore' would crawl into head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not the only one lol. After reading that thread I havent looked at my account balance today and its nice. Trying not to look at it until monday which might be a little optomistic
Old 09-06-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ya that's true, I have this notion that brief coaching is like opening up pandora's box or something and all my leaks will be plugged.. I don't have the BR right now to spend significant time with a coach outside of 1 or 2 sessions, so I guess CR's it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be going against the grain here, and it might not be kosher to "out" this stuff, but I'm gonna give you an honest opinion

At this point ( having been a CR member for ~6mo ) I think I would have much preferred the coaching, tho 1 or 2 sessions is pretty slim and I don't think it's an apples to apples comparison ...

First of all, thac says 400 videos, which is the entire library, but there's a lot of SNG, MTT, Omaha & Limit that make up that library ... you might be looking for these additional games, but I'd guess you're mostly looking for the NL cash videos, for which there's probably ~75 videos ... maybe more, but I don't think >100

The production quality of some of these videos is just not good ... and it hasn't improved over the months that I've been a member ... some of the issues are new people they signup have crappy microphones or computer setups and the videos just come out with really bad audio or video ... the majority *aren't* too bad, but some of them you definitely stop watching after a bit

Another thing is after a video or two from some of the instructors, you're just not gonna get too much out of any of their other videos ... the muddy videos for instance I don't even download anymore ... I already know how to cbet and his idea of a ballsy play is raising a suited connector from EP ... the GP videos don't really teach much anymore ( for me at least, maybe I'm dense ), and I really think that's mostly cuz of his delivery and what he chooses to talk about

However, there are some really great things about a CR membership ...

The Stinger videos are worth the membership fees alone ( not that they're that much to begin with ) ... I don't think I've never seen him tilt in a video or say something like "This is probably bad but I'm gonna call anyway" ... honestly a lot of times while I'm playing I say to myself "What would Stinger do" ... sounds kinda lame, but it helps me think of the current decision in a vacuum, independent of previous actions ( stacked, tilted, whatever ... not talking about metagame / past player tendencies )

Also, being able to go back anytime you want and watch some ActionJeff MTT analysis & some other stuff is pretty sweet ...

Anyway, that's my honest opinion, and it shouldn't be seen as a bash of CR, cuz honestly I don't feel I'm getting ripped off and I've of course gained more than lost from my membership ... it's just that it's a business run by card players, not businessmen ( no matter what GP tries to convey otherwise )
Old 09-06-2007, 05:04 PM

I came up with some new stuff to reduce tilt tho, losing a buyin totally unnecesairy almost every day is huge -ev. Its my biggest leak right now i think.
- going to gym AT LEAST twice a week
- getting up right away if i feel tilty (and if games arent that good, and if i feel the tilt isnt going to dissapear soon). Used to do this, but gotta do it more disciplined.
- Ofcourse not playing when im moody or tired. take a walk or something, see some friends or whatever before playing. Do stuff that gets me in better mood, so i can shrug off beats more easily.

would be cool if i hear what other pple do to reduce tilt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .
Old 09-06-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, thac says 400 videos, which is the entire library, but there's a lot of SNG, MTT, Omaha & Limit that make up that library ... you might be looking for these additional games, but I'd guess you're mostly looking for the NL cash videos, for which there's probably ~75 videos ... maybe more, but I don't think >100

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right I believe, although I think there's more than 100 cash game videos since Taylor has 66 non-SNG, non-PT videos alone and Andrew I don't think did any SNG videos but I may be wrong. I'd say ~150-200 cash game videos.

edit - Just looked, and Andrew has 68 NLHE videos.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

would be cool if i hear what other pple do to reduce tilt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .

[/ QUOTE ]

Being overrolled ... losing a stack doesn't sting so much when it's only 2% of your roll
Old 09-06-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right I believe, although I think there's more than 100 cash game videos since Taylor has 66 non-SNG, non-PT videos alone and Andrew I don't think did any SNG videos but I may be wrong. I'd say ~150-200 cash game videos.

edit - Just looked, and Andrew has 68 NLHE videos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice ... well, I guess I just kinda zone ~half of them out ...
Old 09-06-2007, 05:16 PM

I mean, in all honesty, you could probably bunch all of Andrew's videos into 1. =)
Old 09-06-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, in all honesty, you could probably bunch all of Andrew's videos into 1. =)

[/ QUOTE ]

i heard that the only videos worth watching are tays and brians anyway. truth?
Closed Thread