Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Farha VS. Sbrugby

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I'll ever understand why people think it's a good idea playing brian HU reguardless of the setting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ego. There now you understand.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A monumental accomplishment for sbrugby.

I remember when aba was on HSP3 and some were saying he was a massive tellbox and hadn't adjusted to live poker, etc. This win by should pretty much end a lot of the silly debates about live vs online poker. All the ranting about Farha having some sort of live edge and being so great at PLO...

This match is a turning point in poker history, the online superstar took down the old-school gambler in the highest stakes match. Poker will be taken over by internet players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Making this judgement based on one session is pretty ridiculous.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:11 AM

"I was very impressed with Bobby Baldwin's play. He hardly ever plays poker anymore since he manages the Bellagio but he was sitting playing 4 handed at the end of the night with me, Patrik, and Sammy. Bobby was definitely holding his own and I was extremely suprised with how well he played. Most famous poker players are not very good and overrated -- this was not the case with Bobby; he had a great sense of people. One hand I raised UTG in PLO he called on the button and Sammy called in the big blind. Flop came TT4 and we all checked turn came a 5 and it was checked through again. The river came an ace and it was checked to Bobby who said "Sammy your ten is good." Sammy then sheepishly turned over a ten."

This is one of those stories that is going to be told for many many years. So awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2007, 03:17 AM

Also, who cares who is better, sbrugby or Sammy....??? In my eyes, they're both pretty f'in cool for playing 1k/2k/4k.

One thing I think you gotta respect about Farha is that the guy is an old school GAMBLER.. Seems like he was probably a good time in his earlier years, etc..
Old 06-09-2007, 04:57 AM

rugbys next HU battle? PA? AMIRITE?
Old 06-09-2007, 05:21 AM

No way.... I think Brian has now proven that he is far beyond the limited abilities of a mortal such as Patrick. He needs a worthy opponent... Someone who can perform miracles (this is the only way one could win, obv).

Coming soon to pay-per-view:

Jesus Christ vs Brian Townsend
Old 06-09-2007, 07:25 AM

June 9, 2007

A short 1K/2K session Just finished a two hour 1K/2K PLO/NLH mix game. It was three handed with David Benyamine and Johnny Chan. I won about 600K. I busted them on same hand when I flopped bottom set and a flush draw and was against a flush draw and wrap of Davids and a wrap of Johnny. With this win I made 2.15 million dollars in four sessions over five days.

I am really getting tired of Vegas. I was planning on leaving much sooner but then got caugh up in the big game. I don't expect the 1K/2K mix game to run for a few more weeks so I plan on spending some time in Santa Barbara.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
June 9, 2007

A short 1K/2K session Just finished a two hour 1K/2K PLO/NLH mix game. It was three handed with David Benyamine and Johnny Chan. I won about 600K. I busted them on same hand when I flopped bottom set and a flush draw and was against a flush draw and wrap of Davids and a wrap of Johnny. Then I got my dick out, slapped it on the table and said SUCK MY BIG ONE, BOYS! With this win I made 2.15 million dollars in four sessions over five days.

I am really getting tired of Vegas. I was planning on leaving much sooner but then got caugh up in the big game. I don't expect the 1K/2K mix game to run for a few more weeks so I plan on spending some time in Santa Barbara.

[/ QUOTE ]

fmp
Old 06-09-2007, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With this win I made 2.15 million dollars in four sessions over five days.

I am really getting tired of Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2007, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
June 9, 2007

A short 1K/2K session Just finished a two hour 1K/2K PLO/NLH mix game. It was three handed with David Benyamine and Johnny Chan. I won about 600K. I busted them on same hand when I flopped bottom set and a flush draw and was against a flush draw and wrap of Davids and a wrap of Johnny. With this win I made 2.15 million dollars in four sessions over five days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damnit. Guess I have to move to Vegas and start railing these games [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]