Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2006, 06:29 PM

Default Re: weekday WW redux

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how anybody could ever read amplify's posts and think he is a "clear" villager. He plays the exact same way every time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since we don't have enough time today, I'll give you some specific analysis tomorrow, if all 3 of us are still alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, that's clever.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There was a crapload of suspicion on Durron.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went back and looked to see what all the fuss about Durron was. Kyro called him an unobservant villager and was certain he was not being a sloppy wolf. Amplify brought up that he was being sketchy and voted for him. NicholasP agreed and also voted for him. Then a bobo-wagon got started and VR, censored and Nicholas switched to bobo, and durron noted that there were 3 quick votes before the deadline. Tiedup wanted bobo to switch and get people to vote for durron right after. Then bobo was lynched, durron was killed, and kyro/nick discussed the killing of durron alot and how IY should now be a suspect.

So three people felt durron was a good choice, Amplify, NicholasP, and Tiedup. Tiedup was a villager and is dead so likely his concerns were legitimate (but also he probably did not want to die). That leaves the other two. If amplify is a wolf, why bother getting suspicion on him and then killing him that same night? That doesn't make sense to me. Similarly about Nicholas, unless he felt that killing durron would help clear him. But there wasn't any suspicion on either amplify or Nicholas at that point, so why bother trying to clear yourself when you're not suspected? I would think that killing durron does not make sense for either of these players, so I would lean away from lynching amp or nicholas anytime soon. And since durron had some suspicion on him, that would mean that his death was likely not motivated by trying to find the seer, but instead to cause confusion or frame someone.

But who? It seems like the only people that durrons death casts suspicion on are IY, Synsid, and kyro. Kyro states immediately after: [ QUOTE ]
What a retarded kill. I hope this clears me from your lists. I would never kill durron here. I think I'm the only person in this game who thoughts he was a villager.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this a wolf with a plan, knowing durron was going to be killed that night to setup himself for later, or just coincidence, but I'm having troubling linking durrons death to anyone else but these three, and I don't think there was "a crapload of suspicion" either. I'm pretty sure tiedup was going next round regardless of the kill the night before, especially after bob was found to be a wolf. In any event, I think that these events so far make Synsid or IY a better choice than kyro anyhow.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:37 PM

Tokyo, I later stated that the durron killing actually put some suspicion on me. My feelings at first was that I would never allow my wolf buddies to kill durron considering how under suspicion he was.

vote iron_yuppie

I think this will be my last vote for the round.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:39 PM

All,

I am slowly falling off the amplify train partially for Alex's reasonings. I am still heavily suspicious of Alex himself, though.

Update:
[censored] amplify
1 alex levin kyro
2 amplify alex levin
chuckles iron
elevens iron
5 iron yuppie
1 kyro iron
madtown
Nicholas synsid
patton amplify
ScottHoward synsid
Shortline iron
sumzero
4 SynSid
thebram
Traz iron
tokyo synsid
VoraciousReader
zurvan synsid

Votes official at 7:01, in ~20 minutes.

About Tiedup being a villager, what's up with that?

Kyro posted that he had a good read, partially based on outside this game thread reasons for Tiedup being a wolf. Shortline mentioned that he knew what Kyro was hinting at.

Based on two different people making this read I was willing to trust this as I didn't think wolves would work together so obviously because it would make them seem like wolves if Tiedup was a villager.

I assumed Tiedup made a comment in another game that was along the lines of "I've never been a villager" or "I play a wolf in such and such way" which described his behavior in this thread.

Could one of Kyro or Shortline give more description about what this wrong read was based on or could someone else who plays a bunch of turbos or other things say that they to had this external read and I don't need to worry about a shortline-kyro wolf team that is slipping under the radar.

That said, I'm with Zurvan in that I think SynSid is a good choice.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:40 PM

What's the current vote count?

edit: nvm i refreshed its above me, ignore this
Old 05-09-2006, 06:40 PM

Does anyone have anything resembling a current vote count?

ha ha... refresh, then post...
Old 05-09-2006, 06:41 PM

Who cares how their read was wrong, it was wrong.

And there is something inherently dangerous when all your votes are based on following someone elses lead.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:41 PM

SumZero,

No. I'll talk at the end of the game.