check/call 1 8.33%
bet/call 5 41.67%
bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: AJ - 450 bbs deep

I'd insta call that 54cc hand. And I tell who ever was involved in the hand that they should know what they are doing to a raise when they donk the flop.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:13 PM

microbet,

Ha, i guess i'd call the 54s hand.

dipstickdave,

I really really really don't like the limp/RR. I'd fold the flop.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=1#Post12085982

i couldn't get an answer from the unl forum...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're limp re-raising AQo? f'real?

To answer your question, he doesn't have to have a lot of draws in his range, but with you having the Ah what draws do you put in his range. If he's real loose you can put some suited connectors in there and you're good, but if not, he has to be bluffing a lot even though you are getting 2 to 1.

It's a really bad spot that you shouldn't have been in though.

[/ QUOTE ]

i limp reraised cuz he likes to raise limped pots, but just flat calls raised pots, so i get more of his chips in when i am a favorite to his range(he's playing about 75% of all hands). he won't let this hand go no matter what flops, so i was planning on getting it in on the flop from the start.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd insta call that 54cc hand. And I tell who ever was involved in the hand that they should know what they are doing to a raise when they donk the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This wasn't me or anyone I know. I'm just following futuredoc's recommendation and studying my opponents.

The donk and call the push seems ok as your equity is almost certainly around 50%.

If either the donk bet gets flat called or if the flop goes chk/call the turn is hard to play for the BB.

Seems like donking is better than chk/call though cause your equity is never huge and it will always be fine if the other guy just folds. If he raises less than a push you can 3bet all in because your equity is close enough to 50/50 that you don't really need FE.

What if I put the question mark at the beginning of the flop?

Go for the check/raise?
Old 09-15-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To answer your question, he doesn't have to have a lot of draws in his range, but with you having the Ah what draws do you put in his range. If he's real loose you can put some suited connectors in there and you're good, but if not, he has to be bluffing a lot even though you are getting 2 to 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

i limp reraised cuz he likes to raise limped pots, but just flat calls raised pots, so i get more of his chips in when i am a favorite to his range(he's playing about 75% of all hands). he won't let this hand go no matter what flops, so i was planning on getting it in on the flop from the start.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, based on this read he could have just about anything and will get it in with anything that connects at all. You aren't a favorite or anthing over the collection of hands that connect with this flop, but you are getting more than 2 to 1, so call if that's your villian.

I still don't like the limp reraise. You put yourself on the border of commitment and it puts you in a bad spot when you hit something like overs or a gutshot. If you just raised pre and got a call you could simply commit when you hit and not when you don't.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:46 PM

Yea, I never c/c flops like that with any hand of any strength.

As for this hand, I'm either c/r, b/3b or b/c it all depends on stack size and villain. I usually don't like to c/r unless a shove is a reasonble raise. c/r and getting called with a combo draw sucks.

b/3b can be good if you have an aggro opponent who doesn't need a monster to raise your donk. Also, stacks should be such that the 3bet actually has some FE.

I b/c when stacks aren't good for a c/r or a b/3bet or you have zero fold equity against the opponent when he continues after you donk.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why would u ask for advice on a hand w/o giving this information in the OP?

Edit: Also, usually is better to play a hand in a way that exploits there postflop weakness more so than their preflop weakness.

In cash, being bad preflop is not a huge leak if they play good post flop. So, you really want to exploit their post flop mistakes. If you have a villain that never folds preflop but folds a lot on the flop. Raise a lot preflop, and c-bet a lot.

If you have a player that calls a lot preflop and calls a lot of flops but then gives up. Raise a lot preflop, c-bet a lot and fire a second barrel a lot.

If you have a villain that just never gives up, you don't need to do anything fancy to get his money in. Just raise raise raise with ur good hands.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:17 PM

thanks for all your responses. i've learned something about how fundamentally flawed my approach is to playing against this kind of opponent. nobody has answered my question, however, from the op:[how often does villain need to be betting air/draw to make this a good call?]
Old 09-15-2007, 11:26 PM

You can figure out how often he needs air/draws yourself. You're getting roughly 2:1 so you need 33% equity. Just pokerstove it. Actually it's 1.8:1 so you need like 36-37%
Old 09-15-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for all your responses. i've learned something about how fundamentally flawed my approach is to playing against this kind of opponent. nobody has answered my question, however, from the op:[how often does villain need to be betting air/draw to make this a good call?]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really only a question you and poker stove can answer.