Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have on your team?
Sean Taylor 4 26.67%
Troy Polamolu 11 73.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 04:41 AM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: July PT 2(LC/NC)**

feels good to be ahead [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2007, 04:56 AM

Suited connectors and donks go so hand in hand...Yeee-hah.

I never put anything in microbrew. Gotta start somewhere.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $51.00
BB: $71.55
Hero (UTG): $81.30
CO: $45.95
BTN: $20.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, CO calls $2.00, 3 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, CO calls $4.00

Turn: ($12.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $10.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $39.95</font>, Hero calls $29.95

River: ($92.65) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $92.65 ($3 Rake)

CO had Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a straight, Queen high) and LOST (-$45.95)
Hero had 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a straight flush, Jack high) and WON (+$43.70)
Old 07-24-2007, 05:13 AM

MINI TR - GUTSHOT POKER CLUB

Backstory - I've just quit my job with aspirations of doing nothing other than playing poker and posting on 2p2 all day. Well as luck would have it, London gets a months worth of rainfall in 2 hours and because it is an old piece of [censored] city, and because my ISP is run by monkeys on a treadmill held together by rubber bands, I have no internet and have been without it since friday and I have no idea when its going to come back on. (I'm at my gf's atm)

HOLY [censored] HUGE LIFETILTING BEAT!!!

Anyway so obv I head to the gutshot because I am a sick degen. I enter the £20 freezeout and win the whole thing, of course (40 players or something, still it took like 3.5 hours ugh). I ran okay but only remember sucking out really badly twice - ai short when we both have TP but he has me outkicked and I runner a flush, then I get caught stealing with T7s and win aipf versus AJo with turn 2pr. I won some key races with the best hand and some close flips - AK &gt; 88, then 99 &gt; AJ. At the final table its 3 handed with me at about 30k, some dude at about 20k ( I doubled him up when JTs &lt; K8o) and a really short guy with like 7k. I get aces and sneaky raise 4k with blinds at 800/1600, 20k stack shoves I snapcall, KQo no good, and nice overshove sir. Heads up is a joke with me on a billion chips and him with 7k, I didnt even bother stacking up my chips, I just left like 10k stacked and this massive pile of chips off to the side, lol... anyway last hand he shoves I call with A4o which holds versus his 98o.

Ship £250!

Then I head to the cash games obv, OH MY GOOD LORD what an insanely +EV proposition that was. People are just throwing money at me and before long I am up £400 in a 1/1 blinds 50 max buyin PL game. sick. Key hand, its raised UTG and called in 5 PLACES to me otb so I call behind with 33, flop 773 LOL ship me all the money dont bother dealing any more cards. I got 3 full stacks and the change from the preflop callers in that one hand, I just call the flop then the flush hits the turn, free money! One guy with the flush and another with 2pr pay me off. Huge and very sick pot. Another hand I get aces and pot it preflop, get a billion callers, flop AKT 2 tone, TERRIBLE flop for me with the calling stations, I pot flop and get one caller, brick turn I pot again he folds. He says he has Q9, I say "i know" lol. Very friendly table and good fun.

All in all the players there are shockingly bad, but very friendly and a good laugh. In the times I sucked out or knocked someone out, I always said "Sorry mate, nice hand, I got lucky" and they would say something like "hey no problem, nice hand, thats poker" and were really cool about it, which is great. The table chat was often really amusing and playing live with real people and real cards and chips is a nice change.

Anyway, £650 day, which is like $1300 US. Ship ship mcgipp!

NOW IF I COULD JUST GET MY INTERNET BACK FFS
Old 07-24-2007, 05:18 AM

gee i wonder why i can never move past 50nl

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($78.50)
BB ($31.85)
UTG ($62.65)
MP ($49.75)
CO ($52.80)
Button ($96.10)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $3.50.

Flop: ($10.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, CO calls $7.

Turn: ($24.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $10.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $66.5</font>, CO calls $30.30 (All-In).

River: ($106.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $106.10

Hero has Ks Kh (two pair, kings and fours).
CO has 4h 2h (three of a kind, fours).
Outcome: CO wins $106.10. Hero wins $25.70.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:22 AM

@diceman That's what I'm talking about, no more pocket change stakes welcome to 25nl diceman [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Well I'm running like [censored] for the last 2 days, just calling down to many shortstacks (as in 60bb or less). Today I had this hand:

JJ I raise from UTG, SB calls ($61 stack)

Flop comes 7s8s9h
I bet $8, he calls
Turn comes Qc I bet $16, he goes allin, no history with villain, but because of the fact that he buys in for a strange amount I assume he is a donk...

Anyways I call, and he shows 5d6d for the straight (bad preflop call by him imho), but my call was probably even worse.

I really need to get some pot control lessons!

And something else;

3betting/4betting

in position I don't have any problems at all, but what if I'm in the SB/BB

And find a hand like TT/JJ (QQ less so) or AQs? I tend to 3bet these to 14xbb. But I see I get called quite often, now I practically have to make the standard 22xbb cb. Unless I have the feeling the villain is trapping.

With QQ it's quite easy if the board is dry, but what if the board comes:

Kd Th 5d And I hold JJ? Now someone who called my 3bet must hold a decent hand right? TT+ AQ+, although I also had some guys call my 3bet with KTs and all kinds of small pocket pairs. So if we cbet, we are practically bluffing. Sure we can also try to rep AK/KK/AA, but assuming villain isn't an idiot either, when he calls, we are out.

So why am I 3betting with these hands? Simply to fight back from the blinds, or to put some variance into my play?

What I'm trying to say is that if my 3bet gets called I'm practically out, and I guess I take down the pot with a cbet from time to time, but get called far too often. I do happen to flop a set from time to time though which is nice.

But most of the time I have the feeling that it doesn't really matter which hands I'm 3betting with, and I'm better off calling with TT then 3betting (oop of course).

So please correct me if I'm wrong, but I should be less aggressive from the blinds right?

And another problem I'm facing nowadays:

Shortstacks, like 20-40xbb and small pocket pairs. The network I currently play on allows players to buy in for 20xbb. This is annoying as hell, cause when I find 33 in EP, I still tend to raise it up, but if I get called by a shortstack (if they don't push pf that is) and don't flop a set I simply have to give up, because they tend to c/r their hands like 70% of the time.

So what if I'm at a table with 3 shortstacks, and 3 full stacks (including myself); what do we do with pocket pairs 22-66 from UTG?
Old 07-24-2007, 06:16 AM

Yay... Monkey is 83/44/3.2...fun :/ I own myself too!

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $19.50
BB: $101.85
SirFelixCat (UTG): $79.60
MP: $48.75
CO: $47.00
BTN: $45.80

Preflop: SirFelixCat is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">SirFelixCat raises to $2.00</font>, 4 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $3.50</font>, SirFelixCat calls $1.50

Flop: ($7.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $2.00</font>, SirFelixCat calls $2.00

Turn: ($11.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $6.00</font>, SirFelixCat calls $6.00

River: ($23.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $21.50</font>, <font color="red">SirFelixCat raises all-in to $68.10</font>, BB calls $46.60

Pot Size: $159.45 ($3 Rake)

BB had 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Threes) and WON (+$76.85)
SirFelixCat had J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ([Js Ac] two pair, Aces and Jacks) and LOST (-$79.60)
Old 07-24-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I said hi to felix at the table.. and he just ignored me. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel so ignored.. lol
Old 07-24-2007, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I said hi to felix at the table.. and he just ignored me. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel so ignored.. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad... 5 tables and I missed it.

:hug:

Better? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2007, 06:29 AM

A little
Old 07-24-2007, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A little

[/ QUOTE ]

Good...how can I make it more than just a little? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread