Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What WR's do I play(3)
Ro. Williams @ MIn 12 25.00%
E. Kennison @ Ari 5 10.42%
H. Ward @ SD 7 14.58%
A. Bryant Vs Oak 10 20.83%
R. Brown Vs Dal 3 6.25%
Re. Williams Vs NYJ 10 20.83%
M. Furrey @ Min 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 07:20 AM

Default Re: ***SSSH Official NC/LC Thread September***

Folding is overrated.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, 2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (24SB, 8 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (18BB, 6 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises all-in $16.2</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, 3 folds.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (23.86BB, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 23.86BB)
Hero checks, BB checks.

Results:
Final pot: 27.86BB
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows QC QS </font>

capped 8 ways preflop. QQ good on an AK board.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:44 AM

I am expert at sexying the river with a two-pair that is no good, and calling a three-bet because I am dumb. I am bad at poker.

I am expert at inducing river bluffs, and getting three-bet by the gutterball.

I am expert at cutting the session short when it is obviously not Shane's night.

I don't even want to hurt anyone. I am strangely apathetic.

Also, any feedback on:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=1#Post12244126
is appreciated.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:59 AM

hands 4 and 13 are kickass miles. great spots
12 is cool too
Old 09-26-2007, 09:19 AM

Oink said in a thread that "Games at party are no better than games at full tilt or stars." Is this the general consensus? I'm mostly talking about limits 0.5/1 to 3/6.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oink said in a thread that "Games at party are no better than games at full tilt or stars." Is this the general consensus? I'm mostly talking about limits 0.5/1 to 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to add that I mostly know about 3/6 and up.

- Rake is higher at party (slightly)
- Rakeback at FT
- ok incentives program at stars.

IMO the 3/6 and 5/10 at party/ stars and FT are quite the same. You need to look for the fish. Without the unmentionable at party I cant see why you would play it.

But I dunno how much that changes at 2/4 and below. So take it FWIW.

If you can play european sites btw. You should strongly consider getting rakeback at ongame. Much better games than party.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:02 AM

Ya, I stopped playing at Party because there are no incentive programs. The points program just wasn't cutting it and the players were only slightly worse than at Stars. I did well there and cashed out, but I don't plan on going back.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:23 AM

Hand 12 is expert miles. Perfect play against someone who can't read hands I'm guessing. I wish I made those reads more often.

That reminds me. Everybody is slowplaying until the river now. It's the new "thing" apparently. Top pair, flushes, and sets. I rarely see it as a bluff, but it's funny how common it is now. I don't really mind though since it's just another fishy fancy play and ends up costing them money where I would have called down to a turn raise.

I've been thinking about the evolution of the fish in my games and online poker in general.

1) Everybody is loose passive and slowplays sets until the turn.
2) They still slowplay sets, but now the fish read poker books, misapply random aggression post flop and let me raise their top pair no kicker/flush draw/low pp on a paired board/A high on a paired board/etc... that they donk bet multiway in a capped pot multiple times. Fish mentality is the same - When the flop comes below AK, they put you on AK and donk bet. Then an A comes on the turn, you raise and they put you on a bluff and/or were not even aware of any action beyond the fact that they flopped a pair.
3) 1 and 2 are still around, but mostly 2. Now some realize that the winning players are raising a lot so they do the same. Hence the birth of the aggrolagtardspewdonk. Others follow a system, which of course includes 100% steals on the button and SB when folded to.
4) Somewhere someone reads that slowplaying until the river gets more money in the pot than the turn.

It's weird how strategies among the fish seem to evolve and then become commonplace. Maybe this comes out of "logic" discussions among fish at live poker tables. Maybe a few start doing it at the tables and the others see it and think it's great because it's trickier than raising the turn.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:50 AM

I would assume the strategy of waiting till the turn to get aggressive with sets comes from the people who repeatedly take massive amounts of money from them.

In a lot of cases, it is probably correct to wait, especially if they are getting flop aggression.

I do agree though, i love it when people get aggressive with garbage b/c they like to "put a man to the test"

It just sucks when they suck out.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would assume the strategy of waiting till the turn to get aggressive with sets comes from the people who repeatedly take massive amounts of money from them.

In a lot of cases, it is probably correct to wait, especially if they are getting flop aggression.

I do agree though, i love it when people get aggressive with garbage b/c they like to "put a man to the test"

It just sucks when they suck out.

[/ QUOTE ]

If a loose passive waits until the turn to raise I thank him for the easy fold. They aren't going to exploit you. Waiting for the river at least gets another bet out of me, but it's an even easier fold.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:02 AM

Hey...i didnt say what they were doing was smart haha. Just that they are waiting to the turn b/c of the times they get repeatedly c/r or raised on the turn by sets.
Closed Thread