Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What should I do now on tilt?
Smoke some more pot, talk some more trash on BBV? 9 20.93%
Move up, lose, reload, ad infinitum 24 55.81%
Quite poker forever or err just stop playing for the day 10 23.26%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2007, 07:11 AM

Default Re: ****OFFICIAL**** LOST Season 3 Finale Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
my friend wanted me to post this:

[ QUOTE ]
I felt that Ben's attempt to convince Jack to believe a new piece of information was a metaphor for the producer's attempt to get us, the audience, to buy into another tricky storyline. When Ben started to tell Jack that the woman was not really there to rescue them, etc. etc., I could feel myself as an audience member screaming, "Oh, no, not another red herring storyline. I'm not going to buy into this. I just don't care. I can't be tricked any longer, etc." I was so hoping that Jack would just not buy into the new piece of information. And when Jack finally asserted that he would not believe Ben, I felt relieved and sympathetic for Jack's decision and the potential consequences. When Jack heard the three shots being fired, I could feel his mixture of courage and also regret for the lives that had been lost. But I felt that this was the 'right' decision for Jack to make, and I was so proud that I had witnessed such an intense, emotional, and genuine, character development. I felt that finally, we are learning who Jack really is, what Jack can do, and why Jack is a leader.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this
Old 05-28-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where did Locke walk off to?

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that he was heading back to the tower to start Rousseau's transmission again, maybe to buy them some time?
Old 05-28-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Telling Jack would defeat the purpose of faith.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's faith and then there's blind faith. Locke presumably knows what is going to happen. he still needs faith in the island, but at least he has some details. but he's acting Jack to follow him blindly, which is unfair.

[/ QUOTE ]

just to relate it to the Bible...

Jesus obviously has more "proof" of God than we do yet he still came to EArth and asked for people to follow God based upon faith.

Seems similar to here.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Telling Jack would defeat the purpose of faith.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's faith and then there's blind faith. Locke presumably knows what is going to happen. he still needs faith in the island, but at least he has some details. but he's acting Jack to follow him blindly, which is unfair.

[/ QUOTE ]

just to relate it to the Bible...

Jesus obviously has more "proof" of God than we do yet he still came to EArth and asked for people to follow God based upon faith.

Seems similar to here.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but jesus didn't point a gun at anyone.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I remember reading somewhere that season four is mostly going to be filmed in Hawaii...

[/ QUOTE ]

same place as they always filmed. it's also a huge factor in them moving to 16 episode seasons - the actors actually don't like being there for 95% of the year, plus it's very expensive to film there.

So, did we ever get anywhere wrt "Did Ben's Others know about Kelvin/Desmond/The Button"?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Pearl was used to monitor it, and they knew about the Pearl.

There were pieces from the tape missing, and those pieces were stored in the Arrow, and Goodwin clearly knew about the Arrow.

Mikhail is from Dharma, so I'm sure he knows all of the stations.

The stations are numbered, so if they find #2 and #4, then I'm sure they looked for #3(The Swan) until they found it.

So I'm sure they knew about the station and the button, and they knew it had to be pushed(and that it was being pushed).
Old 05-29-2007, 09:33 PM

question: danielle aka rousseau had said that she made that transmission (call for help) 3 days prior to giving birth to alex, the sixteen years ago or what have you. so that means that she conceived off of the island seeing as though she didnt die like the other pregnant women. however, how is ben the father if she crashed on the island and he's been there since he was little? she crashed on the island, called for help, then gave birth....ben can't be her father> any theories about my little inquiry please chime in soooo mind boggling!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:40 PM

ben's not her biological father. was that really mind boggling?
Old 05-29-2007, 09:41 PM

Answer: Ben isn't the biological father. That would presumably be Robert, Danielle's husband. She was 7 months pregnant when she shipwrecked. Ben simply acted as Alex's father figure after her kidnapping, 2 weeks after she was born.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:19 PM

I thought it was interesting when Locke told Jack "You're not supposed to do this Jack." Almost as if Locke had a vision and Jack was not doing what was in the vision. I am guessing that Locke has the same visions as desmond.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was interesting when Locke told Jack "You're not supposed to do this Jack." Almost as if Locke had a vision and Jack was not doing what was in the vision. I am guessing that Locke has the same visions as desmond.

[/ QUOTE ]

locke doesn't get the "same" visions as desmond...he gets visions or dreams from certain hallucinations then thinks they mean something, or shows what he has to do.
it could also just be locke trying to stop jack because locke just doesn't want to leave the island. he enjoys how he's "special" and not some crippled supervisor for some boxed company.

who knows what jack's supposed to do or not supposed to do...to jack that's irrelevant, he's not "supposed" to do anything because he doesn't believe in faith. the end scene just expresses the dichotomy of these 2 characters.