Default Re: Belgariad game thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ 1-2-3

like u guys didn't talk about who u'd name last night in chat

classic

[/ QUOTE ]

When we knew that wdc and IY wouldn't go for it and that Eskimo wouldn't be around? Except we didn't know that stuff...

duh

[/ QUOTE ]

gj telling ur wolves who NOT to say

and again, it's pretty easy to set this up in chat

'let's go wdc, unless he says he won't go for it; then we'll go iy unless he says he won't go for it; if those fail, let's go mdoran, unless he says he won't go for it; etc'

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL that's so retarded. Yeah, let's go through some big complicated plan involving seven different if/then statements and hope we all have them right and hope that we all noticed which players are ok with it and which ones aren't, even though some of them posted a few hours ago.

Occam's Razor nick. Mdoran is errand.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying to do anything else. I think bragging about winning because of variance and the fact that the numbers are a little flawed in this game is pretty alme

[/ QUOTE ]

You found two of the bad guys in the first 2 rounds, and there was no way for us to keep that info out of the game. I agree that this game can swing wildly based on peeks and kills, but I don't think it was particularly unbalanced.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nich,

I want you to remember this after the game is over:

Ever since we have been exposed, we've been up front and honest. There's really no other chance for us. We are not lying to you about anything.

I want you to remember this later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Is telling the truth somehow more honorable than lying in a game based completely on deception and misinformation?

[ QUOTE ]
Nich,

Ever since we have been exposed, we've been up front and honest. There's really no other chance for us. We are not lying to you about anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also dislike that this is even possible. The fact that known baddies can openly discuss things and the village can't do anything makes is pretty sucky, and isn't how these games should be played (not that you guys are doing anything wrong, its the situation you are thrown in.) It becomes pure logistics, and not the sleuthing fun that WW is supposed to be

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'm curious as to why errand gets the evil win condition. I think anyone who is told they are a villager should have the villain win condition, unless his villager role changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the book he was part of the evil group (although he wasn't evil, he traveled with Zedar and company). No one knew who he was until the end of the next series.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying to do anything else. I think bragging about winning because of variance and the fact that the numbers are a little flawed in this game is pretty alme

[/ QUOTE ]

You found two of the bad guys in the first 2 rounds, and there was no way for us to keep that info out of the game. I agree that this game can swing wildly based on peeks and kills, but I don't think it was particularly unbalanced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I didn't say unbalanced. But you said it yourself...we found 2 baddies in 2 nights...and yet we're still doomed. Does that make any sense?

[ QUOTE ]
Nich,

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ no other chance for u

u have the game 98% won and u act like being honest is ur only chance

3 scenarios:

a) u are being honest and mdoran is errand

b) u are saying mdoran is errand because u don't think iy/wdc/eskimo will go with it

c) mdoran is a bad guy and u are saying his name to 'clear' him so we won't lynch him now that seers are dead

lots of ways for u to win!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nich,

[/ QUOTE ]

I also dislike that this is even possible. The fact that known baddies can openly discuss things and the village can't do anything makes is pretty sucky, and isn't how these games should be played (not that you guys are doing anything wrong, its the situation you are thrown in.) It becomes pure logistics, and not the sleuthing fun that WW is supposed to be

[/ QUOTE ]

Psst, this is pudley's specialty (see Turf Wars). Next time vote him off first.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'm curious as to why errand gets the evil win condition. I think anyone who is told they are a villager should have the villager win condition, unless his villager role changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree, I would have told these guys to suck it if I was errand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'm curious as to why errand gets the evil win condition. I think anyone who is told they are a villager should have the villain win condition, unless his villager role changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the book he was part of the evil group (although he wasn't evil, he traveled with Zedar and company). No one knew who he was until the end of the next series.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see, but in terms of game play, I still think anyone who is told they are a villager, should have to win with the village.