Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did you used to watch He-Man?
Yes 12 85.71%
No 2 14.29%
I suck; show me the results 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2006, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Thread

Assani,

Amare taking an outside shot wasn't exactly a good shot at the end of the game.

Either way, LOL @ saying they arent clutch or that this hurts their stock or whatever.

IMO playing Dallas this close @ Dallas makes me think more highly of Phoenix than Dallas.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Phx isn't clutch, Dallas and SA both know how to win in big games and d people up when it matters. I haven't seen that from PHX since the Majerle days.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly did Phoenix do wrong tonight that made them not clutch?

They were down 2 points.

They stopped the Mavs.

They got as good of a look as possible with only 1 second left in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did they stop the Mavs? Mavs were down 9, tied it up, and then scored to go up by 2 (should have been 3) with 22 seconds left. That's when Nash made his play to Marion to re-tie the game.

Also, I don't know if a contested Amare three is "as good a look as possible" even with 1 second remaining.

This has been a great series of games over the past 3 years, and I'm looking forward to more. However, for Art to say that Phoenix is better than the Spurs and Mavs is homerism personified.

[/ QUOTE ]I just saw the end of the game(the clutch part of it). I saw them stop the Mavs twice. Once on a Harris travel and the other time on a Harris missed shot. In fact, Dirk scoring was the only time I saw Dallas score at all.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, for Art to say that Phoenix is better than the Spurs and Mavs is homerism personified.

[/ QUOTE ]

In '04-'05 they were more talented then the mavs and less talented then the spurs. Last year they were less talented then both those teams. This year I think they are more talented then both. Does it always lead to a championship? course not but we will see

EDIT: also about that last play, Raja should have called a timeout instead of giving it to stat that far from the basket
Old 12-29-2006, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BOOM!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
PEOPLE ABOVE ADMINS: BAN COLA PLZ FOR TROLLING SUNS FANS. THX.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:34 AM

What you all are failing to think about is the high chance of the back front forecast that you're in when Phoenix.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:38 AM

In my mind Phoenix is still better than Dallas, but SA is better than both.

It goes something like this:

SA >>>>> PHX >> DAL >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>> REST OF NBA.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Phx isn't clutch, Dallas and SA both know how to win in big games and d people up when it matters. I haven't seen that from PHX since the Majerle days.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly did Phoenix do wrong tonight that made them not clutch?
They were down 2 points.

They stopped the Mavs.

They got as good of a look as possible with only 1 second left in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did they stop the Mavs? Mavs were down 9, tied it up, and then scored to go up by 2 (should have been 3) with 22 seconds left. That's when Nash made his play to Marion to re-tie the game.

Also, I don't know if a contested Amare three is "as good a look as possible" even with 1 second remaining.

This has been a great series of games over the past 3 years, and I'm looking forward to more. However, for Art to say that Phoenix is better than the Spurs and Mavs is homerism personified.

[/ QUOTE ]I just saw the end of the game(the clutch part of it). I saw them stop the Mavs twice. Once on a Harris travel and the other time on a Harris missed shot. In fact, Dirk scoring was the only time I saw Dallas score at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Assani, watching 3 minutes of a game and then posting analysis on it probably isn't a great idea. The mavs trailed by 9 with 6 minutes left, and for the like 4-5th time this season the suns have blown a lead of 9+ pts or more. TNT actually showed a graphic, and pretty much every PHX loss they had a huge lead.

Hoss, I understand your frustration, that was how I felt as a Mavs fan under Don Nelson. Now that AJ is here and the team's philosophy has changed I am 100% confident we can win it all. I never felt that way when we played the way the suns play now.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tuq (or any other suns fan),

Does D'antoni whine as much all the time as he does during the times I watch him? He constantly has a petulant look on his face, especially for a team that has been among the league leaders in fewest fouls against since he took over.

[/ QUOTE ]
The timing of this game was funny, because just today I wrapped up the book about the Suns' season last year when McCallum followed them around.

Just today I read a passage about this: Cliff's Notes (besides I'm probably not supposed to reprint it anyway), there was an exchange with Violet Palmer where he asked her about the bad calls, she said they're doing their best, and he says "Oh, I'm not talking about you, you're fine - it's those other two knuckleheads".

It went on to suggest that D'Antoni would get a lot more T's except he's such a nice guy the rest of the time that refs don't take his bitching very seriously. Plus his Suns team doesn't prefer a physical style of play, thus he rails against it.

Funny, after just finishing this book, I really can't stand the Mavs. Specifically Mark Cuban and Josh Howard. I'm sure the author - albeit a HOF author - wrote it with a jaundiced eye, since he followed the Suns all year, but Cuban's shennanigans were pretty annoying, and Howard came off as a dirty player. Don't get me wrong - Cuban is the owner equivalent of Zeke, Laimbeer, or Danny Ainge, meaning the type of guy we'd want on our side - but after reading this I want to punch him in the mouth.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:47 AM

Tuq,

Glad you enjoyed seven seconds or less.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tuq,

gg. They are always mad fun to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it was good times. I mean, as a Suns fan you're conditioned to never getting comfortable, never thinking any lead is safe. It's like a rollercoaster, and I think the low lows make the highs that much higher.

Suns "blowing" a 9-point lead = LOL. Just from memory I think they've led in EVERY 4th quarter this year when they've lost, usually at or near 10 points each time. So there have been far worse losses to far inferior teams than this one, including at home.

Also, we'll see how the season plays out, but I'm tired of hearing from people who say this style can't win. It certainly worked for the Lakers five times in the 80s, and one could argue that with all the rule changes today's game is a lot more like that than it was 5-10 years ago.