Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Just got paid.

I agree that the SQ are not too likely to become involved. I have already posted my reasons for that opinion.

As to your argument regarding what oversight the "Kahnawake Mohawks" might offer, I'm having some difficulty following the connections you seem to be implying. Your case seems to boil down to little more than this: Some Mohawks in Ontario, 650km from Kahnawake, were involved in shady tobacco, and used to host AP. Over a decade ago, some other Mohawks in Kahnawake were the intended recipients of some smuggled cigarettes. The Mohawks operating legal, licenced cigarette plants in Kahnawake assert their native right not to pay excise taxes. AP is now hosted in Kahnawake. Hence it follows from all the above that the KGC is a toothless front. (Subtext: all Mohawks are bad.)

What the Globe and Mail actually reported on 2007-10-29 includes:
[ QUOTE ]
In an interview, RCMP Sergeant Michael Harvey of the Central St. Lawrence Valley detachment said the leaders of the scheme are not natives, but rather Montreal and Toronto-based biker gangs such as the Hells Angels, as well as Asian gangs and the Mafia. ...

Sgt. Harvey praised the Akwesasne Mohawk Police for their help and said they are working together to build a case that will shut down the key players behind the factories.

There is also a native-run tobacco industry operating legally in Canada in Kahnawake, south of Montreal, and at Six Nations near Caledonia. Police are not accusing those facilities of engaging in contraband, but the documents show federal concern over their compliance with tax rules and health inspections.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd suggest that the questionable activities of Six Nations, Ontario, Mohawks have little or no bearing on what one can expect from the KGC in Kahnawake, Quebec.

I'd suggest that criminal activity a decade ago by individuals who resided in Kahnawake is not a valid reason to question the legitimacy of the KGC.

I'd remind you that the only reason that the vast majority of online poker sites are hosted in Kahnawake, and not outside North America, is because of the exemption that Kahnawkae claims from Canadian laws - the very same reason they aren't paying the cigarette tax.

There may be some legitimate reasons to be concerned about what the KGC can or will do, however, you haven't made the case.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: New AP Statement

Johnny: How May I Help You?
you: I am in the process of getting a refund.
you: I got $500 of it last night, and then it was taken out of my account.
you: Can you explain to me why it was removed from my account?
you: Someone lied to me on the phone and said it was removed, because it was a mistake.
you: I do appreciate doing business like this.
Johnny: Please hold one moment
you: If I'm not mistaken, most players have gotten their money back already there is nothing that should stop me from being fully refunded already.
Johnny: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
you: I don't appreciate doing business like this*
Johnny: Sir I escalated your information to our management team, they are going to check your account and they are going to contact you back within the next 24 hours
you: That is the same thing I was told yesterday.
you: Roger called me.
you: He quoted, the auditors were looking over things still which I assume they're still doing.
you: He also said it was an "isolated" incident.
you: And that nothing was proven.
you: Then magically $500 appeared in my account.
you: So I know someone is lying to me, and trying to not give me my money back for being scammed.
Johnny: Sir unfortunately there is nothing I can do with this issue, here at the deosit center the only thing that we can do is escalate your information, I already did it so you will have to wait sir
Johnny: Im sorry
you: Alright I spoke with someone last night after I got the $500 back I assume she did the same thing you did.
Johnny: Yes sir, unfortunately thats the most that we can so here at the deposit center
you: You can't even tell me what I called about last night.
Johnny: No sir Im sorry
you: Well I expect I will get a call about 5PM.
you: Hopefully from someone who is going to give me $2,000+
you: That is what you owe me.
you: My refund + interest.
Johnny: Ok sir, I really hope that you get your money

I've filed an official complaint with the gaming executives, they do have my account name via email. Roger if you're reading this I want you to call me and explain why you would give me $500 after I cuss you out then use every excuse in the book to cover the integrity of a scam website. Well after I got the $500 in my poker account I called them back and said "This is only the first step in the right direction of my case." The lady said I can cashout the $500, it was mine and I wake up this morning to find $350 gone. So I am waiting on a call from management, this is getting frustrating the gaming executives have 5 business days to refund me, but their statement says there is no time frame on full refunds, their emailer says it will take up to 2 weeks. God please just put me out of my misery already.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:27 PM

I had got $500 back for their I played in all the BIG games, I knew that something has been up and they would just get banged out of everything for their careless security!!! Unfortunately, I cannot find a lawyer willing to sue for anything under $800/hr.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:31 PM

The 3rd party customer support can't get their heads out of the hole in the ground.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]

...no real expectations of any mainstream media sources to report on the true story of the AP scandal in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, Gary Wise from ESPN is wrapping up a ~6,000 word story on this scandal. His blog made it sound like it will be out very, very soon.

That should re-kindle quite a bit of interest external to 2p2.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:01 PM

I read most of the article (Gary sent it over to me to check out and fact check) and it's very good.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:30 PM

Did somebody say that AP was rigged?

Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (7 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($48.80)
SB ($46.10)
BB ($21.20)
UTG ($12.70)
MP1 ($4.75)
Landlord79 ($78.70)
CO ($9.40)

Preflop: Landlord79 is MP2 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $4.75 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $4.75, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($9.85) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: ($9.85) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($9.85) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $9.85

Results below:
Button has Qh Js (straight flush, ace high).
MP1 has 9s 9h (straight flush, ace high).
Outcome: Button wins $4.92. MP1 wins $4.92
Old 11-02-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ban for being a moron, and also ban OP for abusing "Loc" feature (if you need another excuse)
Old 11-02-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ban for being a moron, and also ban OP for abusing "Loc" feature (if you need another excuse)

[/ QUOTE ]

took care of the loc but not my place to ban.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:23 PM

Absolute Poker's security department told me there is nothing they can do about my refund. Quote "There is alot of people on the refund list, they have to receive hand historys for when you were cheated." I can prove it took more than 1 crook to scam me. Why is it called an isolated incident? Should I just keep after my money??? Absolute Poker 3rd party support is the most unprofessional bunch of dueche bags ever.