Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What WR's do I play(3)
Ro. Williams @ MIn 12 25.00%
E. Kennison @ Ari 5 10.42%
H. Ward @ SD 7 14.58%
A. Bryant Vs Oak 10 20.83%
R. Brown Vs Dal 3 6.25%
Re. Williams Vs NYJ 10 20.83%
M. Furrey @ Min 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: ***SSSH Official NC/LC Thread September***

[ QUOTE ]
I'm so proud of myself. I used to spew on rivers like this:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok you stopped spewing rivers and started spewing flops and turns instead?
Old 09-25-2007, 02:25 PM

I almost never make this play on the flop, but I thought there was a decent chance villain would be folding to a bet.

Then when he peels, I pick up a draw, and think to myslef that he probably peeled w/any two, so I fire again as a semi bluff.

Then I hit, but he donks, and I start thinking about his range and decide that there isn't a 66% chance that he'll call a value-raise with worse and just call.

bad? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2007, 02:36 PM

I wouldn't bet turn. I don't think you can raise river as played. If he bluffdonks he'll fold, if he has a flush it's probably bigger than yours.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can raise river as played. If he bluffdonks he'll fold, if he has a flush it's probably bigger than yours.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly!!! And I wouldn't have figured that out before and thought "zomg, I hit a frush! Raise!!"

That's why I was proud. I'm learning, and hopefully getting better.

Now I just need to figure out why the other streets are bad.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:44 PM

What do you think he calls flop with?

BTW: Always raise a "frush"!
Old 09-25-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How can you bet this clueless and still have money?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Wow, my 8s are probably still the best hand here, better call.

Turn: (7.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 8h 8s (straight, jack high).
Hero has 9h Ac (one pair, nines).
Outcome: SB wins 12.50 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

lol this is not a bad beat.

I've definitely played it the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's not as bad as some others, but I was losing big pots with sets last night (although I still might have been up with them.) I think the flop call is really thin. The BB could reraise and it's unlikely we are both on the same draw. When I bet the turn you obviously are down to 4 outs so that's thin as well. I don't think his donk bet was a check through defense at this level either.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I almost never make this play on the flop, but I thought there was a decent chance villain would be folding to a bet.

Then when he peels, I pick up a draw, and think to myslef that he probably peeled w/any two, so I fire again as a semi bluff.

Then I hit, but he donks, and I start thinking about his range and decide that there isn't a 66% chance that he'll call a value-raise with worse and just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think the guy plays trip queens this way as well. I'm raising that river. So he has a full house this time. That looks like some scared poker to me.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:54 PM

I think a bluff or higher flush or a FH is more than 33% of his range so that's why I don't raise.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think the guy plays trip queens this way as well. I'm raising that river. So he has a full house this time. That looks like some scared poker to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

raising looks like stupid poker to me.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

raising looks like stupid poker to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stoving any 2 hearts and hand with a Q and small sets gives us about 75% equity.
Closed Thread