[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gtr,

F you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's the kind of talk that leads to you winding up in a ditch in Mexico.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]

So much easier to think about hands when it's converted and I'm not playing 6 tables!

I can't fold tp to the small flop c/r on a rag board. On the turn, I'd usually fold it he bet ~9, but the half pot makes me stop and think as well. I don't mind calling or raising. I've been adding in a turn raise to around ~21, taking a free showdown on the river if called.

Also, a while back I broke down agg. factors street by street in my HUD and found it quite helpful in spots. This might be one of them...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think about AF enough. What does an AF of 4 mean to you? To me it means hyper aggressive. Like 1.5 to 2.5 I think is good aggressive. Under 1, I fold quickly. How does this change by streets? This factor was one of the ~4 reasons for calling down.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gtr,

F you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's the kind of talk that leads to you winding up in a ditch in Mexico.

[/ QUOTE ]

or a ditch in or around raleigh, nc.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

cbet the flop as you did, fold to the rr this on villain.

Turn is bad

As played get to showdown cheap as you can so yeah, check behind river.

villain is usually a bit of a station but may or may not flip on the aggression post flop depending. Its tough to tell, but I'd be surprised if he (based on his stats, randomly cr's the flop oop, although that seems to be the latest move on ftp blah blah). Villain also has a bit of set miner thrown in there with being a station. My bigger concern over sets here (although that is a concern) would be being outkicked and looking at two pair, just based on his stats, but all are equal possibilities in the bad column. If he is a retard, and he likely is he would shut down but not fold JT based on the river making a flush draw which you semi rep so I'd never semi bluff the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a vacuum, I agree. I just think that there are times when the planets align that warrant a different approach. In this spot, it's my aggression towards said player (I'm 2 to his right), and his AF of 4. To me the entire hand becomes interesting on the turn. Guess it's important to remember to make a **real** bet on the turn against a thinking player - if I don't have a hand.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scuba, I'd bet this riv a lot of the time. It's super hard for him to call considering most draws just got there and you've taken a very drawy line. I don't think your made hand is good enough of the time to chk back here.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands will he fold? KT, JT and T9 only? QT or better hands always call. AT, I don't know. I guess I'm good with just those 3 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Put yourself in SB's shoes and get yourself to the turn like that even if you would have done something different earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I get to the turn in this fashion, I would either bet/fold or check/fold. If the turn went check/check, I would consider check/calling almost all river bets.

It's interesting to note that MP does not respect SB's cr when the flush draw completes. There is so much **image** that is not represented in a single hand like this, that I find it hard to understand what people are thinking. For example, in this case, if I make the nut straight on a 3 flush board, I'm thinking about keeping the pot small/medium. Conversely, my read on MP's action is that history tells him that if SB had a FD on the flop, he would have played it more aggressively then.

In the end, I think SB should have played this hand similarly to any other strong draws, sets, TPTK he has on this flop. In addition, I think pf kinda sucks. I think 3bet or fold is better than call. Overall, I don't get to the turn this way.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:03 PM

Default AJ - 450 bbs deep

Hand is from memory.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.15/$0.30 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $135
BB: $66.80
UTG: $70.25
CO: $26.65
Hero (BTN): $225

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.20</font>, SB calls, BB folds

Flop: ($2.55) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.90</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $4.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $25 </font>

How committed are YOU to this hand? SB has a loose understanding of the game, which means he's better than average. There is some (not much) history of us battling. His range includes draws and weaker hands including the case J and potentially a poorly played KK.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: AJ - 450 bbs deep

[ QUOTE ]
Hand is from memory.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.15/$0.30 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $135
BB: $66.80
UTG: $70.25
CO: $26.65
Hero (BTN): $225

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.20</font>, SB calls, BB folds

Flop: ($2.55) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.90</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $4.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $25 </font>

How committed are YOU to this hand? SB has a loose understanding of the game, which means he's better than average. There is some (not much) history of us battling. His range includes draws and weaker hands including the case J and potentially a poorly played KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

The hands you're behind include exactly J3 and 33. There are no combination draws to worry about. Every other hand you listed as being in his range is crushed:

Flush draw he's a 2-1 dog
Weaker jack he's a 7-1 dog
KK he's 12-1 dog
AA he's a 24-1 dog

Get it in there.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: AJ - 450 bbs deep

&lt;post deleted&gt; Sorry thought I was in the [censored] thread.
Great thread - I'm going to start posting some full ring hands soon.